DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

NaNo Challenge - Day 1

I woke this morning, and all I could think was "It's NaNo time." (Boy, talk about waking up with stress already!) With that thought pounding in mind like a mantra, I spent every free moment at work thinking about what to write about for the NaNo Challenge. I took out a notepad and pen to jot down whatever popped into my head, but all I did was doodled in it. I couldn't believe I wasn't any closer to coming with a glimmer of an idea for it than I had been yesterday. By the end of day, I went home feeling defeated - and with a terrible headache.

After taking a long hot shower, hoping to clear my mind, I gave it another go but the only idea that I came up with - which by the way it will make a great sci-fi story - required me to do too much research. And that meant wasting time that I could be writing. So I put that sci-fi idea in the backburner instead. Anyway, after three hours of nothing, I was seriously thinking about bowing out of the whole NaNo thing unitl I logged into the web and opened an email from a friend. She suggested me that I should round up the 5 short novellas I've not finished and use the NaNo challenge time to finish them instead of writing a new story. Oh DUH! What a great idea! Why didn't I think of that before?

I browsed the files and pulled the stories I'm going to be working with during the NaNo challenge out. I didn't do any writing on them though. I'll start tomorrow. Finally I feel like I can get to direct my creative energies toward something.

Hope you all NaNo challengers are doing better than me!

Comments on "NaNo Challenge - Day 1"

 

post a comment