DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

NaNo anyone?

It's almost November 1, fellow writers and aspiring writers, and you know what that means. NaNo!!! NaNo!!! NaNo!!! For those who don't know what the excitment is about, a group of people created National Novel Writing Month), and its goal is to write a 50,000 word novel starting in Nov. 1 and ending midnight, November 30.

I'd heard of it afew years ago, but it wasn't until last year that I joined the madness. I wasn't going to but the members of my critique group were so excited about it that I joined in. (BTW, I was the only one that I finished it. *lol*) It was a great experience, if not a totally grueling one. There were times in which I wasn't sure if I'd reach the goal and wanted to quit badly. But I did it. I'm not so sure if I'll do the NaNo this year though. There are so many things going on in my life right now that I don't know if I'll have the time for it.

Comments on "NaNo anyone?"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Good luck with Nano!! Maybe next year I'll have the guts to try it.

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (3:28 PM) : 

Good luck if you do it. I think I'm going to do my own private version of it.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (4:12 PM) : 

Tess, it's a cool thing to do. You don't have to finish a story. Mine last year wasn't finished. But at least I had most of it done. It was refreshing just sitting there, writing, without bothering to think if it's right or wrong.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (4:13 PM) : 

Thanks Jordan! I'm gonna make my own version too. I've got enough short stories half done, so I'm gonna finish them as an anthology.

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (4:32 PM) : 

Silma, I signed up. We can nail bite together

 

Blogger Silma said ... (4:44 PM) : 

Kat - I'll bring the coffee! *lol*

 

Blogger Angela's Designs said ... (4:55 PM) : 

I'm in forum, I plan to write... don't have a writing buddy or anything.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

Sending you good vibes, if you decide to do it, Silma :)

 

Blogger Eva Gale said ... (7:15 PM) : 

Good Luck Mad Woman!

 

post a comment