DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Got Cece's critique!

Remember that I'd won a critique with Celia Stuart at the Ebay auction? Well, to be honest, for a while I didn't know what to send her. I had all these stories started, but I wasn't sure which one to pick. You see, I was suppossed to send up to a maximum of 30 pages, and I didn't have anything that fit the length. Not even close. And I didn't want to waste such a great opportunity with a story that was barely half written. So I finally sent her the story I'd written for the Vamprotica contest. I figured it was the best choice since it was finished and it was only 20 pages long. Well, I received her email with the critique. She liked the story. Can you believe it? (Yeah, I was suprised she did. I thought she would start the critique with "What a piece of crap this is..." *LOL*). She did a great line-by-line critique, and she took the time to point out my weaknesses and to comment on how I can improve them. All her comments were right on the money. I know critiques are quite subjective, but I agreed with each comment. I quickly sat and started editing the story following closely the ideas Mrs. Stuart gave me, and the story is much better now.

Comments on "Got Cece's critique!"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:28 PM) : 

That's awesome, Silma! Sounds like you got a great critique!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (10:11 PM) : 

Teresa - You betcha I did! I was so nervous. I wrote that story in a couple of weeks. It was the first one I'd finished, you know. Since I'd not heard from Chippewa, my confidence was buried under 200 tonz of crap. But Celia was the coolest person. She was tough in her critique but she explained everything she didn't like and why and showed me how I could make it stronger.

 

Blogger Shesawriter said ... (12:45 AM) : 

Congrats on the great critique, Silma. Nothing like affirmation to get the writing juices flowing. Good luck to you.

Tanya

 

Blogger Amie Stuart said ... (11:04 AM) : 

*wiping brow* I'm so glad you found it useful. I do tend to be a pretty tough critter *ggg* so I worry when I crit for folks I don't know.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (12:09 PM) : 

Tanya - The good thing is that I saw that it was still a good story line even though I had cut tonz of dialogues and scenes to make it fit the 6K mark for the contest.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Cece - You have nothing to worry about. You're a great critiquer. You're thorough in your critique, and best of all you take the time to explain how to improve something. *g*

 

Blogger Eva Gale said ... (2:30 PM) : 

How great Sil.

Where you going to sub it?

 

Blogger Silma said ... (5:23 PM) : 

Bri - I'm not to submit it. It takes too long, and as a business woman, I can't afford to waste time waiting for answers and then publishing release. You time is money! So I'm going to self-publish it. *wg*

 

post a comment