DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

It's the new look!

No. Don't click that reset button. You are in the right place. You see, I changed the look of the blog (again) but this time it's a bit more personal. Isn't it great? I've been toying with the idea of changing the look of my blog for one that is, well, more me. For some time now I've searched around, checking out what was out there. Not that I was looking for templates. Although there are some very beautiful ones out there, I wanted something unique. For starters I realized a 3-column blog so I could post on two different sidebars and balance my blog was the basic layout I needed. After spending a long time searching the web, I finally found a variation of a template offered by Blogger. All I needed was to tweak it a bit, and now that was the hard part. Getting to know the different elements of the code took a lot of time (and patience). It's a period of frustration and growing. Finally I managed to tweak it the way I wanted it, making it look as close as I've envisioned it. Okay, so it still has a few bugs. Don't worry I'll iron those pretty soon. First, I need to create a new header for it since I'm using the one on my website. But that will have to wait until I can install PhotoShop in my computer again. *wg* I'm searching around for cool pics I can use in the banners (header and footer).

Comments on "It's the new look!"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:56 AM) : 

Cool! Glad you find something that you liked. I love the look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

Love your new look (and header), Silma! Isn't it fun and frustrating to learn new things. LOL!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (4:39 PM) : 

Thanks Teresa! I'm still tweaking it around. I need to figure out the header and footer banners. I've got a few ideas, but since I'd write under different pen names, I think I should stir away from the writing thing. I dunno.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (4:41 PM) : 

Awww...thanks Cynthia! I just hope my motivation and creativity were more writing oriented. Yeah, I love learning new things, and it wouldn't be so frustrating if I had more time to learn them. Ugh!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 PM) : 

It looks great, Silma :)

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (2:21 PM) : 

It looks great, Silma. The only thing is that I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to read the entry. The title is at the top...but no words. Could the center DIV be a little too big? And, is this just me??

 

Blogger MJFredrick said ... (9:53 AM) : 

I like it! Now I won't get confused between yours and Kendra's!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:29 PM) : 

Thanks Bonnie! Now that I figured out the part of creating 3 columns, I'm working on the look (colors and banners). *g*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:30 PM) : 

Kat - That happens if your monitor is set to a 800 X 600 resolution. I know mine is and I have the same problem about scrolling. However, the monitor at work is set a higher resolution, that isn't a problem. Go figure... =P

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:32 PM) : 

Thanks Mary! Yeah, I know what you mean about confusing blogs. Blogger doesn't provide too many templates to choose from, and there are very few you can find from independent sources. Now I can personalized mine even more. Woohoo!

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (6:27 PM) : 

That's weird, Silma. Mine's set at 1280x800 and I still have to scroll all the way down.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:44 PM) : 

Kat - It's the browser. I noticed I can see it fine using Netscape. Mozilla makes you scroll down only the first post since the one about the cute animals is a bit big. However, Explorer makes it all look wacked. Ugh!

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (11:34 AM) : 

LOL, isn't learning cross borders fun?

 

Blogger Eva Gale said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Oh! I thought you disabled your comments!

I love it!

Hawt!

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (4:24 PM) : 

Looks Good!

 

Blogger Angela's Designs said ... (7:00 PM) : 

Noticed... I am updating my website (don't have it updated yet) and thinking I may have to find a different header that will match for the blog. This one looks great.

 

post a comment