DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Sunday, October 30, 2005

The second round of critiques are in!

That's riiiiight! Laura Biacchi, Eden Bradley, and Luisa sent me back the critiques of my vamprotica story, and all I can say is thanks girls you're all truly awesome critiquers... and wow. *wg*

First, I'm amazed at the positive reaction to the story. I must admit it was thrown all together at the last minute so to speak. I just wanted for once to submit something to a contest, and since I'd bowed out of so many (me, chicken), this one was going to be the one - making me stick to my guns and write it till the end came hell or high waters. So I didn't expect it to be a good story at all. Actually, I thought it wasn't a good story. It was only about 5,902 words long, and I felt like it could have had more meat. Yeah, I know, it's the plotter in me talking. *lol* So I must admit I couldn't believe my eyes when I read their wonderful words about my little story. I read and re-read their emails several times before I realized my eyes weren't deceiving me. What can I say? They liked the story. *blushes* Oh...chucks... *g*

Second, I'm totally impressed by their comments. Each one approached the story from a different angle - as readers or writers - and focused on something different aspects, but taking in all these comments together and viewing them as a whole in respect to the story have put me to think (a lot) about the plot. I'm giving serious considerations now to bring some of those scenes in the "leftover" file back to thicken the plot and therefore expand the story to maybe 10K words (perhaps slightly less).

Comments on "The second round of critiques are in!"

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (12:38 AM) : 

Good for you for getting the nerve up to throw it out there! I'm glad the results were so positive. Now you have something else to strive for.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:30 AM) : 

Thanks Jordan! I'm really working hard on the edits. I want to do a good job before I go for the last round of critiques. *g*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 PM) : 

Yay! Congrats on great crits, and bravo on putting yourself out there! Best of luck!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 PM) : 

Glad you got some really good responses. It's so helpful to get another (and another and another) opinion on your work so you can see what you've missed.

 

post a comment