DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Monday, September 05, 2005

Labor-Day weekend

Car problems prevented me from enjoying this weekend. Yep, it went back to its all tricks again, scaring the heck out of me when it stop while I was driving on the highway. In the past 4 days, I've taken it three times (including this morning) to the mechanic. He is totally baffled and doesn't know what else to do to it. (On a personal note, I think the car is haunted by gremlins.) He hopes that the car keeps working fine after today's changes. I hope so too.

Of course, I had this long list of things that were necessary to do THIS weekend, before the semester starts and things kick in at work. So with the car problems, I had to try to get them all done, which wasn't easy. So little time, so many things to do! I crammed every hour as best I could. Sadly, I didn't get to do all the things in my "to-do" list though. So from now on, my schedule would be more hectic. *sighs*

So on the writing front, as you can already guess, I didn't do much writing this long weekend. By the time I had time to sit and write, my Muses were a bit tired. I think I put around 1,000 words. (For a total of 5,100 words.) Basically I tighten chapters 1 and 2 - the latter with the escape scene. I still have to work that chapter 2 though. Chapter 2 still has some loose ends that I'm not happy with. *sighs*

But today is the day. The deadline for the Phaze's Shiver is in 2 1/2 hours, and I've not written "THE END." And I don't see that happening in the 2 hours. There's too much in the story to wrap it up in two hours. I knew there would be no time for getting it critiqued, but at least I'd hoped to edit it a bit. No dice. Besides, the synopsis and my bio aren't done either.

Comments on "Labor-Day weekend"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:55 AM) : 

Sorry about the car issues and not being able to finish the entry for the contest. It always stinks when things are beyond our control and they mess everything up.

 

Blogger Eva Gale said ... (1:13 PM) : 

I will hold your feet to the fire. That is exactly how I ended my first contest. Now write the bio, and the synopsis and clean it up and send it in as a paranormal. Don't make me get my whip. Get going woman!!!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (5:36 PM) : 

Thanks Teresa! I feel more sorry about the car than about the contest. Now things are really heating up at work, and I need the car badly. Also things are picking up with the new house. I'm going crazy buying paint, and stuff for it - you know, things that get to be done before I move in.

As for the contest, so I missed the Phaze contest. No big deal. There were only 6 positions, and I'm sure I'd not have filled one of them. From the beginning I doubted my story would fit their guidelines. There's the Ocean's Mist Press contest looking for erotic Halloween stories. I might send it to them instead.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (5:44 PM) : 

Bri - Sorry, but I didn't send the story to Phaze. After working on it till midnight - and NOT finish it -, I realized that it wasn't something they wanted for their Shivers. It has some gore. And besides, I couldn't finish the story in 12K words. The Ocean Mist Press gives the break to finish it in as many words as I can.

 

post a comment