DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Monday, August 22, 2005

Getting back to the writing groove and more

This morning I went to the cabinet-maker and chose the top for my kitchen cabinets. I'd seen this beautiful green marble one in a store, but I saw this other green top at his office that was even more beautiful. So everything is set now. He said it'd take about 2 weeks, and he'd call me as soon as they're finished so he can come and install them. This is so exciting! New cabinets! New windows! Can't wait to move to the new house.

As for writing, after carefully contriving a story for Phaze's HeatSheet Shivers these past two days, and with only 15 days to go before the deadline (Sept. 5), I decided to put the Capricorn Man story on hold and focus all my creative energies into it. I don't know the title of it yet. I hate when that happens. But at least I came up with a great hook. Thanks to Briana for pushing the idea of the tarot deck! It's going to be a short story, 5K words. That way I know I'll have it on time for the contest. So today at work, while I managed to write 1,000 words. Mostly in dialogues, which is what I do best. I'm leaving the "authorly stuff" for later.

In Romance Divas, Gina came up with this contest, We All Win, in which we send our hooks to be judge. I didn't think much of it, not being one to participate in contests. But last night I was in such a silly mood, maybe due to having a productive day in writing, that I sent five entries to it. Let the shredding begin!

Comments on "Getting back to the writing groove and more"

 

Blogger Larissa Ione said ... (11:11 AM) : 

Good for you! Glad you sent some entries--it always makes me feel good to have stuff either subbed to editors or entered in contests! :)

 

Blogger Silma said ... (2:41 PM) : 

Thanks for the encouragement, Larissa! *g*

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (8:41 PM) : 

GL in that contest! It never hurts to get some feedback.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:50 PM) : 

Kat - Couldn't agree more. The important thing to keep in mind is that contest are always bias. There's no possibility of 100% objectivity. So as long as you're participating in them for fun, you can get interesting feedback.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

Good luck with all your contests, and WTG with all your hard work!

Looks like we're in WE ALL WIN together. :)

 

Blogger Silma said ... (1:16 PM) : 

Lynn - Thanks for the well-wishes! I sent 5 entries for the We All Win Contest, now I can't wait to read the comments. *lol*

 

Blogger Gena Showalter said ... (1:54 PM) : 

Good luck! Sounds like a great contest.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 PM) : 

Good luck!

 

Blogger Eva Gale said ... (6:16 PM) : 

Ohhhh I hope you get in!!!!
I have my fingers and toes crossed for you! I'd love to see you listed as a Phazette!

Your cabinets sound beautiful!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:46 PM) : 

Woo-Who! Good for you on entering! Good luck.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:43 PM) : 

Gina, Danica, and Teresa - Thanks for wishing me good luck! I'm having fun with these contests. *vbg*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:45 PM) : 

Bri - Well, if it's all your fault I'm writing the story in the first place. *lol* You're the one who wanted to read one of my tarot stories, so that was all the push my muses needed. Even if it doesn't get picked, I'll email it to you so you can read it for fun. *g*

 

Blogger Shelley Munro said ... (10:08 PM) : 

Good luck with your contest! Your cabinets sound lovely.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:20 AM) : 

Shelley - Thanks on both accounts! I can't wait till the house's repairs are finished so I can move in. This whole thing is affecting my muses. BTW, love the book cover. Yummy!!!

 

post a comment