DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Thursday, August 18, 2005

A glimmer of an idea

Sometimes I'm amazed how my fried brain can get jumpstarted by the most remote things. You see after a grueling day there I was tonight, vegging on the floor, my dog sleeping next to me on his little pillow, while I watched VH1 classics (my favorite channel to catch good ole rock videos), trying to unwind some of the stress. I caught up with the heavy metal show, and Great White's video "Rock Me" came on. Gosh, I've totally forgotten this song! I guess it's because I remember their hit "Once Bitten, Twice Shy," which my band used to make our own version of it. Anyway, "Rock Me" is a good song. And the video was pretty good too. A typical 80's video.

It revolves around this mermaid, because of the "great white" theme in their name, see? Well, there's this scene in which the mermaid turns into a woman dressed in this tight sky-blue spandex with scales and all and fires this harpoon. Why does she do it? I don't know. The whole scene doesn't make sense. To me the model is just some eye candy to appeal to guys. Yet suddenly a glimmer of inspiration popped in my mind. My only living brain neuron begged me to write a story about this mermaid woman, that looks like the model in the video when she transforms (the part of the sky-blue scaly skin) and uses her harpoon to hunt down those mermaids that have gone rogue and attack people who venture into the deep, telling me it would be perfect for the Let's Make Waves Contest. (You know, make waves... mermaids. Get it?) However, the other 99 billion neurons in my brain weren't too excited about the idea of working. In the end the idea was filed somewhere in my head.

Comments on "A glimmer of an idea"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Personally, I think it sounds like a great idea!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (2:50 PM) : 

Thanks Tori! *g* I think it's pretty cool too. Well, what's left of my brain thinks so. Most of it can't think yet. Hopefully this weekend it might be able to recover and start working again.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:58 PM) : 

Sounds like a fun one to me!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:16 PM) : 

Danica, thanks! I think it'd give a new twist to mermaid stories. No more of the cute stuff, you know. But right now my brain's neurons are resting after an exhausting week.

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (3:37 AM) : 

Wow! You sound as exhausted as I feel. Here's to a weekend of rest and relaxation!

The story sounds great! I'm sure once you get those neurons firing again you'll be good to go!

 

Blogger Gena Showalter said ... (8:48 AM) : 

Very cool! I love when ideas flow!

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (7:28 PM) : 

Keep working on what you 'originally' started. ;-)

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:43 PM) : 

Kat - Yep. Seems like we both have had one hellish week. At least so far my weekend is going pretty good. Hope yours too! *g*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:45 PM) : 

Gena - Me too! But not when the brain is so fried it refuses to work.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:48 PM) : 

Jordan - Thanks for the advice. For now I see myself multi-tasking though. I'd like to submit something for the HeatSheets Shivers, and I've got the perfect story with the tarot deck involved. *g*

 

Blogger Eva Gale said ... (11:03 PM) : 

Oh I hope you do the Shivers! I love your tarot stories!

I'm wishing you a HOTTT man to give you massage for all your hard work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

Great idea, don't ya love it when they just come to you?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 PM) : 

Bummer about the idea not working out! It sounded cool!!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:33 PM) : 

Jill - I love it when inspiration hits me. Too bad my brain neurons are on vacations...

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:51 PM) : 

Karin - I'll write it. But I'm not good at multi-tasking, writing more than one story at the time. And with 15 days for the Shivers, I need to focus on the tarot story first. *g* But you bet I'm sketching that mermaid huntress idea. *winks*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:52 PM) : 

Suzanne - Which idea?

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:54 PM) : 

Bri - Ooooh... that would feel so good. If only wishes could come true... *sighs* As for the Shivers, I'm sure I won't get one of the six coveted spots, but I'll submit just for fun. I wonder if they will really allow me to use Velvet Nipple as my pen name. *lol*

 

post a comment