DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Hit a snag

For the past few days I've been working feverishly on the story for the Phaze contest, as you can see from the writing goal bar. Mostly on dialogues. Chapter 1 is almost done, although I need to polish it, and I'm almost starting chapter 2.

Now here is where I hit the snag - that first meeting between the hero and the heroine. I know they're going to meet at the club, so the setting isn't the problem. It's how they're going to meet there that's bothering me now. For the past two days I've been pondering the options. Since it's an erotic romance, I need it to start the sparks by chapter 1 going to 2. So I thought they should meet the first time when the hero asked her to dance. Slow dancing can be a good way to start their relationship.

However, I'm finding it hard to insert the slow dance into the way chapter 1 moves into chapter 2. You see, I ended chapter 1 with the heroine and her friend going off to a "private" party with the villain and started chapter 2 with the hero noticing the heroine and her friend while they talked with the villain, and he follows them upstairs and saving the heroine from the evil guys.

So I'm wondering what to do. If I keep going as I do, the story will have more action than romance. I mean, the romance will be there. It's the erotic part that would be hard to insert among the action parts.

Comments on "Hit a snag"

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (4:35 PM) : 

I say have them meet with him saving her, if that's the way the story is flowing. It could still be sexy with him pressing her body close, them having to hide in a tight space, etc.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 AM) : 

Oh I like Jordan's idea a lot!

And personally, I love having a little suspense thrown in. Hot men saving women in danger-nothing sexier than that IMO

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

Another vote for Jordan's idea, here!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:12 PM) : 

I was thinking the same as Jordan. I think the erotic part flows well with action. Fast paced and keeps pushing the reader foward.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:14 PM) : 

Oh, just thought of this too. You didn't say. Does the heroine notice the hero before she and her friend agree to go with the Villian? That would up the sexual tension in the first chapter if she noticed him. That way when he saves her it'll have sexy impact.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (3:23 PM) : 

Teresa - Okay, originally she doesn't notice him. I thought about rewriting it in such way that she does. But then, he is suppossed to be sitting in a dark part of the bar. So unless she has X-ray vision, she couldn't notice him.

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (3:59 PM) : 

She could feel his eyes upon her and keep glancing toward the dark section of the bar, trying to figure out who's watching her. They don't have to make eye contact as long as there is awareness.

 

Blogger Eva Gale said ... (5:12 PM) : 

Go with Jordan! Action can add in lots of tension which makes the nookies so yummy. :P

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Jordan - The way chapter 1 flows, the heroine is more aware of the villain's look upon her, which is making her feel totally uncomfortable and gives way for her to try to talk to her friend into not going to the private party, than the hero's gaze upon her.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:57 AM) : 

Danica - Actually she slips him when he saves her for the first time. He has to chase after her and find her before the bad guys do. Hmmm... This is sound too much action very little erotic romance. *sighs*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Teresa - My fear is that I'm so into the action part, the erotic part, not the romance, will be hard to insert. It will seem contrived.

 

post a comment