DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Low on books

Last night I noticed I have just one book left on my TBR pile. Yikes! *hits panic button* Okay, I'm still halfway through Angela Knight's Master of the Moon, but I don't like to be "low" on books. So I'm ready to place an order of books with Barnes and Nobles in two days. I went by my BN's wish list. I've got two new Star Wars books in it. Oh, and there's the latest Kasey Michaels's book in the Maggie series (Maggie with a Clue) in paperback out. *vbg* And I can't forget also the latest vampire romance from Charlaine Harris in her Sookie Stackhouse series. In terms of novels, that pretty much rounds up my selection.

Now I'd like to buy a book about writing. (Although I haven't touched Writing a Romance Novel for Dummies by Leslie Wainger since January. Maybe I should make an effort and finish reading it.) During the RD's Mentor/Apprentice program, Briana suggested me Writing the Breakout Novel Workbook by Donald Maass, while Lynn swears by First Draft in 30 Days by Karen Wiesner. I'd like to buy both, but I have enough money for just one of them, so I'm kind of torn between which one to buy. What do you think? Which one should I buy first?

Comments on "Low on books"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 PM) : 

*ggg* Do I really need to respond? Admittedly, I haven't read the Maas workbook so mine might be an unfair bias.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (10:29 PM) : 

Okay, one vote for FDI30D. *chuckles*

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:28 PM) : 

I have both Writing The Breakout Novel and First Draft in 30 Days. I got more benefit out of FDi30Ds. But that could be just me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 PM) : 

Have not read either, though I've heard good things about both. Do you have friends (or even see if there's copies at the library) that would let you thumb through them to decide? My local chapters have both books in their libraries and they let members borrow them.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:41 AM) : 

Teresa and Rainbow Fox - Thanks for your suggestions! I guess FDI30D seems to be winning. *lol*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:43 AM) : 

Danica - Our local libraries don't bring these kind of books. Most of them are in our language, Spanish.

 

post a comment