DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Seeing things under a new light

Last night, after emailing (again) my submission for Vamprotica 2005, I threw a little "pity party" to cheer me up. Popcorn. Soda. A Brad Pitt movie Troy. Hmm... Can it get any better? *vbg*

Now the whole Vamprotica contest is behind me. I'm trying to focus my energies on two upcoming contests: Liquid Silver Books - Zodiac Contest and Ocean Mist Press's Let's Make Waves.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comAs far as I'm the zodiac contest, I'm in a quadrantry. Too many good ideas, too little time to develop any. I started writing one which begins with the heroine's friend reading the horoscope. Not bad. But it's the way most of the stories published already are starting, so I want to try something different, which brings me to idea #2. This one is (very) tricky. I can make the setting either futuristic or fantasy. On either one I can incorporate the ideas of these Boris Vallejo's images.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Both are really good, and I'm tempted to try both and see where each leads. But I've got 7 days left, so the whole exploration thing seems out of the question.

As for the Ocean's Mist Press Let's Make Waves Contest, I looked through my files and found an old mermaid romantic comedy I wrote last year. It's not finished yet, so I went over it but realized I can't finish it in 10K words or less. So I just might skip this contest and go for their Halloween contest instead. Today, as I was fooling around this online tarot reading, the Death card came up and an idea for a vampire story was born. If there are no constrains in the word count, I think it might be perfect. I don't have a title for that one yet, but I came up with a title for a vampire romantic comedy while listening to an old rock song on the radio. *lol*

Comments on "Seeing things under a new light"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Isn't it amazing where great ideas come from? I love that you got one from the Death card.

Which reminds me...did you ever fiddle with any of those Tarot layouts I sent you?

 

Blogger Eva Gale said ... (7:40 PM) : 

That pict on the left? *Oh, My*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:46 PM) : 

Lynn - Oh, I know! Halloween. A gypsy card reader. The Death card. It all adds up for an incredible story! I just hope I'm the right writer for it.

As for the tarot layouts you sent (thanks a lot for them!!!), I saved them on a diskette. However, I've not been able to fool around with them yet. See, I'm learning to use the Gilded Tarot deck, which - somehow - seems perfect to use with the tarot layouts. Don't ask me why. Instinct talks, and I listen. *lol*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:47 PM) : 

Bri - Is that "oh, my" an "oh my god how sexy" or an "oh my god how disgusting"?

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (1:16 PM) : 

Love the pics and the tarot site.

 

Blogger Eva Gale said ... (5:52 PM) : 

Oh My! as in ...How sexy is that? :P How could you think anything else?

 

Blogger Silma said ... (4:01 PM) : 

Bri - Well, I've got several emails from Christian women who've told me the whole thing (in those pics) looks kinda Satanic *whispers the last word*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (4:48 PM) : 

Jordan - It's one of my favorites tarot sites. *g*

 

Blogger Eva Gale said ... (11:22 PM) : 

Oy, please. :::rolls eyes:::

Should I get into it? Nah, too late. I need to blast on all brain cells to be fully effective. *g*

 

post a comment