DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Friday, October 14, 2005

Romance Divas' Mentor Program update

Since many of us complained that we would be too busy with NaNo Challenge and other things (like Yule shopping) to start the Romance Divas' Mentor Program on November 1, Jax has accepted to move it to mid-January.

Those of you who are still interested in participating in this wonderful program either as a mentor (btw, we need mentors!!!) or understudy, you can sign up by going logging to Romance Divas' Forum and create an account. *wg* So what are you waiting for?

Comments on "Romance Divas' Mentor Program update"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:47 PM) : 

I'm glad it's being moved, I know you'll be busy at the beginning, but I was really sweating over it. I wanted to participate and knew I couldn't right now. I'm really bad at saying no though.

Maybe, if it starts in Mid-January, whoever you get pared with you can ease into it for the first few weeks. Seems like that first week would be a learning week anyway.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (10:31 AM) : 

Teresa - I want to participate too. I did last time, and even though Briana and I didn't have much contact (that was all my fault), I learned a lot from her. Some of her tips have become very helpful.

However, the problem is that I'll be busy for the last two weeks of January registering. And I don't want to get into a slow start like I did the first time 'coz I know it won't do me any good - like it happened the first time. I become sloppy and lazy and then I quit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

Silma, best of luck in Nano Challenge! As for Mentor program, are you going to be a mentor?

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (2:46 PM) : 

I tried signing up on the RD's list, but I've never heard from them. Is that normal?

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:16 PM) : 

Olga - Thanks! I'm going to need all the luck to get me through a month of nerve-wrecking emotions.

As for RD's Mentor/Understudy program, I'm going for the Apprentice position (again) since I'm not that experienced in writing. Although I'm not confident in my abilities to guide someone else in the path of writing, I offered to be a mentor only if it's for a newbie-beginner.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:17 PM) : 

Jordan - I checked the RD's member list, and you're in. All you have to do is go to the forum's main page and log in.

 

Blogger Bebe said ... (9:56 PM) : 

I'm glad Jax moved the program to January, too. I volunteered, but I really felt pressed for time in November and December.

Jordan - your registration e-mail from Romance Divas probably got sent to your spam folder. This happens from time to time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 AM) : 

Mentoring is very rewarding, and Silma, I bet you know more than you think you do. I mentor a group of about seven writers and have done for most of the year. I worried that I didn't know anything, but I think I'm doing okay. They haven't booted me off the yahoo loop at any rate!

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (2:42 PM) : 

Thanks Silma! No one told me.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Shelley - I've been teaching for almost 20 years, so I know how rewarding teaching is. But as a teacher, I know how important is to be prepared. I don't know how able I am to be a mentor.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Jordan - If you have any problems to get in Romance Divas, let me know so I can contact Jax and help you, ok?

 

post a comment