DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Friday, September 30, 2005

Fast Draft workshop: Day 11

Since it was Friday, I figured I could squeeze some writing. The way I saw it was that I'd do it in small sections of 20 minutes with breaks between them as I took into consideration the amount of typical interruptions I usually get at work. After I was done with the payroll paperwork, I hunched before my computer, and inserting the jumpdrive into the USB connection, I opened the file with the story I've been working for the Fast Draft workshop.

I know I said yesterday I was bored with the characters' dialogues, but I decided to give it a last try. I've been pondering the problem, and I think it was a matter of not having a clear idea of the basic GMC in it. Usually I figured out the GMC of either the hero or heroine, and then I built upon that, making either the other react. So last night before I went to bed, I brainstormed GMC's for both the hero and heroine (notice that I've not found the perfect names for them yet), and jotted down a possible ones.

This morning I woke up with a slightly clearer idea of the GMC and story line as a whole, so I was hoping to use that to tighten the dialogues (even if we're not suppossed to edit at this stage of the workshop) and see what happened. When I was getting ready to start my first little section, my cellphone rang, in which became a long series of cellphone calls from my mother followed by numerous trips between my new house and the hardware store. By the time I returned to my office (two and a half hours later), I had lost all inspiration.

Pages written for Fast Draft workshop: 0

Comments on "Fast Draft workshop: Day 11"

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (5:12 PM) : 

Ooo, now that is NOT fair!

Nothing wrong with the house, is there?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 PM) : 

Sorry about zero pages, but at least you tried! I normally try to figure out GMC's in the beginning, then it's easier to build a plot upon it.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:39 PM) : 

Kat - The man who built the new kitchen cabinet came to install them. In the process he found that the old sink was damaged, the old fawcett didn't fit the new sink I bought, etc. It snowballed from there...

 

Blogger Silma said ... (10:00 PM) : 

Olga - I usually have an idea of the GMC, but this time I went full gung-ho and it didn't work.

 

Blogger Shari said ... (10:16 PM) : 

Why is it that when you tell people you're going to be busy, they start calling you?!? The same thing happened to me. Well, except about the sink, and I hope that's been fixed by now!

Keep writing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 AM) : 

Silma :(

 

Blogger Silma said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Shari - In my case, it was unavoidable. I had mom's car, and dad was running some other errants. The plummer needed some of the things like the new sink and other stuff pronto, so she called me since she knew Fridays are pretty slow around here.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Bonnie - Yeah, I know... it sucked. But I can't complain. In the long run, it was all for the best.

 

post a comment