DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Fast Draft workshop: Day 1

Last night I sat down to think about what I wanted to write for Candace Haven's Fast Draft workshop. Since I knew I worked best with general ideas, I didn't push myself to write a synopsis as she had suggested. And even though some of my fellow divas were working on outlines for their stories, I avoided that too. I'm too much of a pantser. Anything outlined constricts me. But I needed those general ideas first.

That was the first tumbling block. I didn't have any idea what to write. I tried researching for a good title. If I find a title that appeals me, I quickly develop a story around it. But after extensive research, I didn't find anything. So I decided to go over those WIPs that I've started. I found two with barely a chapter or two written; however, none sounded appealing enough. Then I moved on to make a list of themes. I figured if I could come up with a theme, like a vampire story or a Christmas story, I could write a story about it. Three themes later I stopped. I was too tired so I went to bed.

Today was officially my first day of the Candace Haven's Fast Draft workshop. While at work I wondered what to write about. I came home at 6:00 pm and still clueless. Not a good sign, I thought as I took a bath. I was hoping the bath would wake up my muses, as it has done in the past, but this time it failed me. After dining and watching some TV, I sat before the computer and answered some emails. Then, after checking on my bids on Ebay, I turned it off the computer, took out my PC Pocket, hook the keyboard to it and opened Word. I stared at the cursor blinking, and not a word that made sense crossed my mind. Great. Just great. So I put a CD and lit a cinnamon candle hoping for a flash of inspiration that never came. Since I didn't want to give up, I started writing a dialogue between a woman and a man who met at a Christmas party. With that I achieved a page and a half. Half less than I had set my goal. But at least it was something.

Comments on "Fast Draft workshop: Day 1"

 

post a comment