DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Friday, July 08, 2005

A taste of my latest WIP

Deep Dark Passion


I hated shortcuts, but I was already late for work. My high heels shoes clicked on the pavement, breaking the night’s silence. As I walked down the filthy alley between the rundown buildings of the old industrial section of the city, the stench of garbage and human feces assaulted my sensitive senses. But it was laced with something else. I stood still with my eyes closed, and lifting my head slightly, I breathed in deeply and felt a distinct acrid taste in my mouth. Fear.

Following the scent, I ran down the alley and turned left at the corner of the next building. Now the smell of sweat and alcohol mixed with the metallic tinge of blood. Hidden in the shadows, I slowed down and silently approached the landing behind an old building. Under the dim light of an old streetlamp, two men cursed and laughed as they tried to tie a struggling young woman to the fence. I closed my eyes, and let my senses wander. I detected four presences. With my excellent night vision I glanced around, trying to discern where the fourth one was. Nothing.

The woman’s scream jolted me back to the scene unfolding before me. One was holding her, while the other one ripped her blouse open.

I hate bullies!

I stepped out of the shadows and leaned against the wall, arms crossed. “Yo!” Startled, the men turned towards me. “Two against one. That doesn’t seem fair.”

“Well, well, well. Look what we got here,” the stocky, bald man said. His gaze slid up and down me, taking in my tight short leather skirt and black gauzy top. His beady eyes reminded me of a rat. “Guido, this is our lucky night. We got another one to play with.”

The burly tall man holding the semi-conscious woman laughed. “Yeah. I like brunettes. Maybe we can have a good gangbang now, uh?”

“C’mon here, little girl, and play with us,” the bald one said, cocking a finger at me and rubbing his bulge with the other hand.

I pushed from the wall, and putting my hands on my hips, I shook my head. “Oh, I don’t think so, Baldy.” I blew them a kiss and took a few steps back, retreating into the shadows.

“Don’t let that bitch get away,” he yelled.

The one named Guido pushed the young woman into the other man’s arms and rushed me. I stepped aside at the last minute, and as he passed by, I hooked one arm around his neck and the other around his chest. My arms like iron bands held him tight against my body, and he moved violently trying to free himself. His struggle excited me, and my gums tingled as my fangs grew.

“Say goodbye, Guido.” Before he could utter a word, I sank my fangs on his neck and gorged on his blood. Flashes of his evil life hit me with every gulp I took, and I staggered slightly. Shit. I’d forgotten about this part of the feeding. Soon his body became limp and slid off my arms, landing on the street with a muffled thud.

“Guido! Where the fuck are ya?”

I strutted out of the shadows and struck a pose. I knew my lips still covered with blood but I didn’t care.

He took a look at me, and his eyes opened wide with recognition. He dropped the young girl and crossed himself. “Damn.”

I tossed my hair back and flashed him a wide grin, my fangs showing. “You bet I am, and I love it.”

The man broke into a run, but my reflexes were too fast and cut his exit off. I held him just like I held his friend. He squealed as he felt my breath on his neck. “Not so tough now, eh, big boy?”

His trembling body betrayed him, pissing himself. “P-please.”

Funny how they always begged for mercy when they had none for their victims. Angry, I sank my fangs, and this time I was ready for the rush that came with it. Once it was over I felt as tainted as they had been, but I didn’t have time to dwell on it. Grabbing their bodies, I shoved them in the nearest dumpster. Someone would find them. Eventually.

Then I knelt beside the girl and took in her slim form and her tattered clothing. A runaway, the favorite victims of these jerks. Sighing, I put my hand on her neck. Her breath was a bit shallow, but her pulse was steady. That was a good sign. Frowning, I noticed the blood on her face so I leaned closer to inspect for injuries when I heard distant shouts and the faint sound of footsteps.

I glanced over my shoulder and noticed several distant silhouettes moving in the shadows. Oh great. Vampire hunter wanna-be’s. They were worse than real vampire hunters. Before they could detect my presence, I jumped over the fence and landed on an abandoned field full of junk. I heard their voices coming closer, so I ran down to the end of it, putting as much distance as I could between me and them.

Hidden under the shadows of a tree, I stopped and listened for any sound from someone chasing me. Nothing. Good. Before stepping into the busy street, I smoothed down my clothes and checked for stains. No need to go scaring innocent people.

“Oh man,” I muttered as I stared at my only pair of nylons. It had a huge hole. I sighed. Grandma was right, no good deed goes unpunished.

Comments on "A taste of my latest WIP"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

Gotta love a vampire with a hole in her nylons! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 PM) : 

Love it, Silma!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 PM) : 

Great stuff!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:11 AM) : 

Thanks guys for the thumbs up!

Yeah, Bonnie, there's nothing like a vampire with a fashion conscience. *lol*

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:09 PM) : 

This is really great,Silma! Keep it up!

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (12:51 PM) : 

I really like the 1st person, Silma!

And a fashionwise vamp? Gotta love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 PM) : 

Great twist on a vamp. Love the last several lines. Heck, liked it all, but those last lines - so great. :)

 

Blogger Silma said ... (2:10 PM) : 

Thanks Teresa!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (2:11 PM) : 

Kat - This is the first time I write using first person, so I was a bit scared. But somehow that's the way the heroine talked to me. And I always do what the voices tell me to do. *vbg*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (2:13 PM) : 

Eve - I agree with you, those last lines have that punch that makes up a contrast with the rest of the story.

 

post a comment