DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

You could be my silver spring...

I rarely logged into ICQ anymore, but tonight I felt compelled to do so. (Talk about following my instincts and doing what the voices tell me to!) As I got in, I noticed the little blinking envelope icon on the tray and put the cursor over it. A message from my ex-bf (yes, the same one from the other post you all were so impressed with) awaited, so I opened it. In it he tells me that he's getting married this September. I'm very happy for him, and sent him a congrats message. But after I logged out, a sense of melancholy descended upon me. Then this song came on the radio and it was my undoing.


You could be my silver spring....
Blue-green..colors flashin'
I would be your only dream.....
Your shinin' autumn....ocean crashin'....
Don't say that she's pretty....
and did you say that she loves you...?
Baby I don't wanna know.

So I'll begin not to love you...
Turn around, you'll see me runnin'
I'll say I loved you years ago...
And tell myself you never loved me....No......
Don't say that she's pretty....
And did you say that she loves you...?
Baby, I don't wanna know....Oh no.....
And can you tell me...was it worth it....?
Baby, I don't wanna know..

Time cast a spell on you...you won't forget me...
I know I could've loved you but you would not let me....

Time cast a spell on you...but you won't forget me...
(I was such a fool)
I know I could've loved you, but you would not let me..
(Give me one more chance)
I'll follow you down 'til the sound of my voice will haunt you..
(Haunt you)
You'll never get away from the sound of the woman that loves you..
Stevie Nicks - "Silver Springs"

Comments on "You could be my silver spring..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 AM) : 

I know what you mean about being happy at first then melancholy. I remember when my first love got married. I really was happy for him. Funny thing is his marriage closely coincided with my divorce from my first husband. I sent a letter to his mother announcing my divorce (she and I had kept in touch over the years), and as luck would have it, she received it on his wedding day.

I talked to him on the phone before his wedding, but I never found out when it was. I was kind of sad that his life was looking up while mine was going to hell (even thought I really was happy for him), so I ended up going out to the beach every night and "talking" to him. I'd just sit there, listen to the sound of the waves, and talk as though he was sitting right next to me.

Then suddenly, one night I quit going. When I got the letter from his mother telling me about the wedding, the day he got married was the day I quit going to the beach.

How freaky is that?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 PM) : 

Sometimes I still feel melancholy when I think about past loves. Usually every time a particular lovesong comes on. Still can't hear "Paradise" without getting transported back to the top of a high mesa one man had dragged me up to in the middle of a star-studded night just so I wouldn't forget our first kiss. Damn, but it worked. Felt like we were standing on top of the world. The night was clear, the wind was cold and his kiss was hot. And then he played that song for me on the way home. Sigh.

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (2:56 PM) : 

Awww (((HUGS))).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

((((Silma))))

 

Blogger Jill Monroe said ... (5:56 PM) : 

Oh, Silma - I know just what you mean. That song always gives me the same feeling.

Maybe his getting married will clear the way to find the one you're supposed to be with!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:20 PM) : 

Yep, I've been there. It's like a walk down memory lane almost. You feel that bitter sweet moment and remember everything. It carries you through some of the hard times and sometimes it is one of the hard times. But you can't let go nor do you want to.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (7:57 AM) : 

Eve - Is that "Paradise" from Styx?

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:38 AM) : 

Awww... Lynn, thanks for sharing this. It's a great story.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:45 AM) : 

Thanks Kat and Bonnie! I feel much better. It was a momentary thing. I guess I was a bit shock although I knew he'd a live-in girlfriend.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:12 AM) : 

Jill and Teresa - Yeah, I guess you can't forget old flames. They'll always live in your memories.

 

post a comment