DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A hit of vamprotica

After posting about the writing contests, I was bored to death so I took out a piece of paper and started jotting down this totally crazy ideas for possible stories. I mean, some were too freaking weird, but my brain was entertained so I didn't mind. I read them back and laughed. But my eyes kept coming back to this particular one. Something about it reminded me of LK Hamilton's Guilty Pleasure. Next thing I know I ended up writing 517 words into a story for the Chippewa Publishing anthology. Before I knew it, I had it pretty much plotted. I don't know the names of the hero and heroine yet. I put them some stupid names while their true names come to me - eventually. Also I don't have a title for it. Maybe Vamprotica? No. No good. It's not fair either since that's the name of the anthology. Okay, that'll come up later. I know it has to be the same name as the place where the heroine works.

I feel giddy with this new story. Oh, I know it's not something Chippewa Publishing will be interested on, even though it'll be very erotic. I can't tell you why right now, but let me say this much. The heroine isn't the type that most romance readers will like.

Comments on "A hit of vamprotica"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 PM) : 

Oh I LOVE that giddy feeling!

 

Blogger Gena Showalter said ... (5:54 PM) : 

I love that giddy feeling too, and congrats on getting some words down! And you know, I LOVE how you sat down and wrote all those ideas. I need to do something like that.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:48 PM) : 

Jill - Yep! It's like when you fall in love for the first time. *lol*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:51 PM) : 

Gena - I'm telling you, it's was scary, but at the same time totally funny. One of the weirdest storylines was of the heroine who could shapeshift into a bunny, and the hero sort of looked like the Greek god Pan. The hero would chance around the bunny heroine. Kinda like Elmer Fudd chasing Bugs Bunny, but with more sexual undertones. *lol*

 

Blogger Eva Gale said ... (7:33 PM) : 

Happy dance for you woman!

I love brainstorming like that. Keep all of them in files and add in crazy stuff when you get the urge. You never know what will come of it.

Bri

 

post a comment