DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Harry Potter maniac Friday night

I arrived from the grand release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter #6) 30 minutes ago. Wow! I can't believe I survived a night of harry Potter mania. *lol*

We arrived to Borders at little before 7:00 pm. They'd set up a table where you'd get your number. My goddaughter got #88, and I thought, "Okay, we're in for a long wait." Since the whole hoopla didn't start until 9:00, I dragged her and her little sister all over the mall, looking at things I need for my new house and buying some odds and ends. Funny but I expected my goddaughter to meet some of her classmates while we walked around the mall, yet it was me waving hello to all the people my age who were there for the Harry Potter book. Speaking of people, we saw many of them - mostly adults - dressed up in either their favorite characters or the houses they wanted to belong. I saw many Slitherins and Griffindors, and a few Ravenclaws, but no Hufflepuffs. Anyway, by 8:45 we went back to Borders, and at 9:00 they closed the access to the mall and the Harry Potter pre-sale events started. There were contests, trivia questions, a magician, and a few more things. By 10:00 my goddaughter's sister felt tired and didn't want to stay, so I called her mom and she picked her up. Only my goddaughter and I remained, but we were tired too, our feet hurting. So we each picked a few mags and sat on the floor to read them. At 11:05 they started calling people from 1 - 100, so we got in line, where we waited until 12:01 am when the sale started. The employees did a great job at keeping the whole thing moving fast, and by 12:25 we came out of Borders, my goddaughter smiling with happiness, a copy of the book in one hand and an empty box where the books came in under her arm. Was she lucky or what? *lol*

Gosh, I'm tired to the bone, yet my 13-yr-old goddaughter is still so energized that she is off to read the first chapter. It just reminds me I'm not 20 anymore.

Comments on "Harry Potter maniac Friday night"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 AM) : 

Sounds like fun! I bet your goddaughter had a blast and you are an angel for staying up late and taking her!

 

Blogger Kristen Painter said ... (10:07 AM) : 

I'm worn out just reading that. Must nap. LOL

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (4:14 PM) : 

Wow! I'd totally forgotten what happens when a Harry Potter book comes out (I'm guilty---I haven't read any of them; I know. Bad me. Bad me). So glad I didn't go to the Bookstore that night LOL!

What a great Godmamma you are!

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (4:25 PM) : 

My dh bought it and read it all in one day. :-O

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:58 PM) : 

Wow, great story recount. I finished it today.:-) And Now I must read them all from one through six again.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:05 AM) : 

Suzanne - Yeah, well, I sort of made her pay me back for it this week. She had to help me clean my new house. *lol*

Kristen - It was tiring as heck. She's already planning for the release of Harry Potter 7, and this time she wants to be there much earlier to pick a number, then leave and not return to the store until 9:00.

Kat - Yeah, that's what godmamma's are for - spoil rotten their goddaughters. *lol*

Jordan - She's already in chapter 4. She phones me every night to talk about the book, but she doesn't want to spoil me the story since I've not received my copy yet. I can't wait to get mine (hopefully today!).

Teresa - Geez! I can't wait to get mine! People are starting to buzz about it.

 

post a comment