DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Lap dance dilemma

Since my Muse and I aren't on speaking terms, last night I decided to entertain myself by going over some of the sensual scenes and possibly fleshing out. Well, I've got this scene which includes a (very extremely sensuous) lap dance. (Yes, the heroine gives a lap dance to the hero like he'd never experienced before.) I first wrote it from the heroine's POV since the most of the story is written in first person POV (hers). But then as I re-read it last night, I started thinking about how he must be feeling when she was giving him the lap dance, and a new set of thoughts and actions popped into my mind. I ended up rewriting the whole scene from the hero's POV in a separate file. Now both scenes look good. So here's my dilemma. I'd like to bring both POVs without head-hopping, but I don't know how to do it (except by head-hopping, and I've gotten wrist-slapped for it a lot). Any suggestions or advise here, oh you wonderful romance-writing-goddesses?

Comments on "Lap dance dilemma"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:49 PM) : 

That's a tough one. Head hopping is always frowned upon, at least in my past writing experience it has been. You could break up the chapters, one chapter her head, the other his.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (12:56 PM) : 

That's what I did with the chapters. But this is a scene. Just one scene within a chapter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:19 PM) : 

I think as long as you do it seamlessly, it's fine. Start in her pov with her seducing him, and then switch to his when it's the appropriate moment. The key is to stay in his pov for the remainder of the scene. It's only true headhopping if it pulls the reader out of the scene and makes it confusing. Good luck!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (10:21 AM) : 

Michelle - Sounds like a good idea. I'm going to try it that way and see what happens. Thanks!

 

post a comment