DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Thursday, July 14, 2005

My new toy!

*sing song voice* I got a new toy! I got a new toy! I got a new toy! I got a new toy! And it's not him...

Rob Moratti

...or him either...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

...although I wish they were. *evil grin* Ha! But I made you look anyway. Ladies, remember that curiosity killed the pussycat.

Okay, enough eye candy, ladies. Now seriously this morning before coming to work I drove by Walgreens and bought a card reader. Here's a pic of my little electronic toy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It reads 11 types of memory cards, and it's powered through the USB cable so I don't have to go around looking for a socket to plug it in. It reads and writes all kinds of files - MS Word, Excel, photos taken with the digital camera, etc. Isn't that cool? *g* Now I don't need to hook my PC Pocket and digital camera to my PC, with all the mess of all those cables, to transfer files. All I have to do is hook the card reader to my PC, insert the CF or SD card, and *tah dah* "drag & drop" whatever file I want. Is that convenient or what? And since it's so small (and weightless), I can take it in small backpack with me everywhere. So while I work on a story on the PC at work, I can save my files in both a diskette and the CF card, and when I get home I can use either to transfer it to my PC. And if I don't want to be tempted by the internet, I just insert the CF card in my PC Pocket (which I've not hooked to the internet, thank goodness!) and write. I love my new toy!

Comments on "My new toy!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Since the middle one isn't your new toy...he can be mine! *ggg*

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Oh yum, drool, sigh. . . . isn't he just the thing Hero's are of!?

Oh, didn't you mention a new toy. . . I was too distracted. . ..
*g*

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Cool toy though seriously. And I love that you've linked those contests on your side bar.*g*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (1:57 PM) : 

Sasha - Hmm... Okay, deal. You keep the tattooed one, I'll keep the first one. ;)

 

Blogger Silma said ... (1:59 PM) : 

Teresa - *brings a beeb and some kleenex to clean her drooling* Yeah, both toys are great. Well, I've not tried the first one, but I'd be more than willing to if he let me. *winks winks*

As for the contests, happy you like the idea of having them there. *g* I figured it'd be a way to remind myself of them. I tried writing them on my desk's calendar and my pocket calendar, but I always forget to check them. *lol*

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (2:53 PM) : 

Couldn't you have both? LOL!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (3:23 PM) : 

Jordan - For what I got in mind, I'll need all 3 toys. *winks winks*

 

Blogger Shesawriter said ... (8:20 PM) : 

Oh, my. LOVED THE PICS. Post more! LOL!

Tanya

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:18 AM) : 

Hehehe! Yeah, C.M., all the toys in those pics are neat. *g*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:19 AM) : 

Tanya - Seeking visual inspiration? *vbg*

 

Blogger Eva Gale said ... (8:36 PM) : 

I have no idea what the heck you bought, but I'll take the one in the middle!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:02 PM) : 

Briana - *lol* I bought a card reader. It reads memory cards like Memory sticks and others. You know the kind that you put in digital cameras and PC Pocket.

Although if I'd had to choose between all three, I'll probably pick the first one. *evil grin*

 

post a comment