DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Cynnara Tregarth Workshop: Day 3

One of the things that have always put me off from writing futuristic romances and having alien characters in a story was coming up with "alien" words. That was until today. *g* Cyn posted some pretty cool ideas for creating and manipulating a language. Her tips have been extremely helpful! I started fooling around with a translator, and using her ideas, I ended up coming up with some cool words for a future alien race.

Comments on "Cynnara Tregarth Workshop: Day 3"

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (10:18 AM) : 

I missed that! I need to go back and check that out.

I haven't read many alternate world/universe books. I think what's always driven me nuts about books with alien settings is the excessive use of apostrophes in the alien names. Not sure why that drives me nuts, but it does.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (12:46 PM) : 

I've not read many books with alternative universes either - except the Anita Blake series. As for the apostrophes in the names, it's to give it an alienish feel to it since many publishers don't like to deal with other types of vowels (ü, é, etc.).

 

Blogger Crystal* said ... (2:40 PM) : 

You are moving right along! Way to go!
I don't think I'm cut out for trying to create a whole other universe. My wee, little cranium aches from the thought of it.
I do, however, enjoy reading them.
Grins*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 PM) : 

I can't create another universe either. In High School, I did try to write about a girl from another planet who came to Earth. And of course I needed to add romance there.

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (8:30 PM) : 

I understand it's intended to give the names an alien feel, but all those apostrophes still drive me nuts. Feels really forced to me. But that's probably just me.

 

post a comment