DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Monday, March 28, 2005

Cynnara Tregarth Workshop: Day 1 (Update)

Hoping to get some ideas for the story for the Zodiac contest, I posted in the forum about creating a world. I explained a bit about the alien race in it. A few minutes later, Cyn answered:
Second-- think of mythology and the stories about Pan and the Satyrs. There's a whole slew of hints on how to shape your planet from that idea alone.
I've looked already into their myths and there isn't much description about their "world" - except they lived in places where there were woods and mountains (which is just logical). There's nothing there that I can say will make the alien planet different from Earth. If my heroine is taken to a planet similar to Earth, she'd feel confident and try to escape. However, if she is taken to a planet very different from Earth, she'd be more willing to submit as a captive.

Comments on "Cynnara Tregarth Workshop: Day 1 (Update)"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 AM) : 

The workshop is really great! I've learned alot already. And I'm glad it's helping you too.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (5:55 PM) : 

Yep, it's giving me lots to think about. And I'm having fun creating my new planet. *vbg*

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (10:22 AM) : 

What if you make the area around where she's being held captive very similar to Earth, but once she confidently escapes she runs into things that prove just how different the place is? That way she can ride that roller coaster of emotions!

Maybe her captors can even make an effort to make the area around her captivity look much like her home planet in order to lull her into a sense of security.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (12:59 PM) : 

I'm having a hard time coming up with a world. I think I'll have to follow Cyn's suggestion and sit down to go over every detail of it - flora and fauna - describing them. One of the things I've to think thoroughly is the level of technology they might have, etc.

 

post a comment