DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Recap of my week off

Well, my week off work is officially over. Geez, I can't believe that it went by so fast. Since I had a week off, I was hoping all that free time would be enough to 1) edit the story I wrote for the NaNo challenge, 2) come up with at least 3 possible plot ideas, set in Puerto Rico and related somehow to local festivals for Phaze's HeatSheets Sparklers, 3) go over chapter 3 of "MM & RR" using the suggestions given by LA Banks and rewrite it, and 4) finish the critiques.

After taking stock of what I did during this time, I can say that accomplish none of my goals - except finishing critiquing Mish's chapter 4 and 5. When I wasn't hopping from bank to bank, looking for a loan to buy a new house, I was spending too much time indulging in my guilty pleasures.

Guilty pleasure #1: Surfing the internet
Guilty pleasure #2: Chatting too much on Yahoogroups
Guilty pleasure #3: Posting in forums
Guilty pleasure #4: Hanging around Ebay
Guilty pleasure #5: Blog-hopping
Guilty pleasure #6: Playing Jawbreak and Solitaire

(Okay, I admit it. I spend way too much time on the internet. Since 1992 I've been hooked on it. From talking to people on BBS to surfing the web and downloading MP3. I average about 6 - 8 hours daily on the web.)

Let's face it, I can't keep this up. My writing is suffering (even though I'm networking famously). So, I must give up some of my guilty pleasures if I want to get back into the writing zone. Now, what should I give up? Hm... What a difficult decision this is going to be. *sighs*

Comments on "Recap of my week off"

 

Blogger Crystal* said ... (7:15 PM) : 

I feel you're pain. I'm one blog reading woman. And e-mails? I'm like one of the Pavlovian dogs. I hear that "click" or "You've got mail", and I'm all over it.
It's hard to unhook the internet IV and write sometimes. Keep what can work for you and dump what won't. Pick a day off to completely indulge yourself in your guilty pleasures. You can do it! And your writing will be that much better for it.
Grins*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (11:31 AM) : 

Easier said than done, girl

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (10:25 AM) : 

But networking is extremely important, too! (At least, that's what I tell myself when I'm suring RD instead of writing.)

 

post a comment