DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Friday, July 07, 2006

Blame it on the moon

Yesterday I did some little writing on the wereanimal story, although I must admit the progress wasn't enough to further it toward the end. I expanded the first scene between Marcus and Zack. Just added details. Something I'm not good at when I'm first drafting a story. For a while I toyed with the idea of making this one the first chapter, but then I realized that it'd set the tone of a fast-paced action-packed plot for the story from the very beginning giving the readers the wrong impression so I discarded the idea. Frustrated, I went over the first 4 chapters, looking for grammatical errors, before sending it to Laura and Noelle for a brief critique in the hope that they might detect something I haven't. As I read it, I quickly noticed the time line was off. Because many of the characters are wereanimals and the club opens only during weekends, I forgot to take into consideration the full moon. I mean, I did take it into account when I wrote the scenes because some of the hero's reactions are affected by the moon, but I forgot how many weekends would be between one full moon and the next (the moon cycle). Now I have to sit down with my story and a calendar to figure this out.

Have you ever had a problem missing a key element of story's timeline that makes it off?

Comments on "Blame it on the moon"

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (12:40 AM) : 

Oh yeah and then some. :) Are you sticking to one story??? Hmm??? ;)

 

Blogger Jodie said ... (9:52 AM) : 

YES!! I just realised in my newest novella the hero and heroine fell in love within a week (i know i know) but anyways, at the end the heroine reflected on their time together and she was going by weeks!! Gah, must go back and fix it.

 

Blogger Karen Erickson said ... (12:05 PM) : 

Oh, yeah, that happens a lot. Thank goodness for being able to go back and read the dang thing. Can you imagine if you wrote something and just sent it off, never having read it? Ha! That would be hilarious.

 

Blogger Shelli Stevens said ... (3:46 PM) : 

Don't you hate that whole date/timeline thing? It really can suck!

 

Blogger Emmy Ellis said ... (4:11 PM) : 

Yes. It's a pain when you have to go back and catch all the time refs! Luckily mine was with a story that was rejected, probably for that reason hahaha!

:O)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:37 PM) : 

I had my hero in three places at the same time... Not sure how I managed that one. But luckily I caught it.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (12:02 AM) : 

Jordan - Yeah. I just gotta. I've got a deadline to meet. *sighs*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (12:04 AM) : 

B.B. - I hear ya, chica!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (12:05 AM) : 

Jodie - Yikes! Good thing you caught it on time. *g*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (12:06 AM) : 

Karen E. - I have my CPs to bitch-slap me when I goof like that. *lol*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (12:07 AM) : 

Shelli - Yeah, I do hate it. But I can't do the time warp thingy here. *lol*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (12:07 AM) : 

M.E. - *lol* I wouldn't doubt that was why my last story was rejected too.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (12:09 AM) : 

Tess - Maybe he had superpowers like that guy in the X-Men 3 movie which could split himself in several ones. *lol* Or maybe his mom had triplets? *g*

 

Blogger Cora Zane said ... (2:33 PM) : 

Yeah, timelines suck. I had that trouble with Bonding Experience when I was writing it. It started out it was supposed to be morning, but by the fifth paragraph it was full on lunch time. Grr... that was a pain to fix, but I rewrote the scene again and again until the time warp smoothed out. Stick with it, you'll smooth it out.

 

Blogger Angela's Designs said ... (8:48 PM) : 

For me, it is really easy to miss little errors in the sequence of events. I have to pay attention. Editting a few months later helps so I can forget some of it and read the story fresh.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (10:37 PM) : 

Cora - Yikes! I hate when that happens. And all the rewrite... Ugh!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (10:37 PM) : 

Annalee - So true. That's why I'm glad my CPs catch those mistakes for me. *g*

 

post a comment