DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Ten Elements or Words I Always Use in My Stories

Ten Elements or Words I Always Use in My Stories

1. My heroines always Coke or Vanilla Coke. Okay, I know the latter is already out of the market, but hey!, maybe they might bring it back.

2. My heroines are divorced without kids. The funny thing is that I'm single without kids. Go figure. *lol*

3. My heroines are mostly gamma. I think I only have one alpha heroine.

4. Overused words: see, glance, gaze, look, tilt head, feel, walk, turn

5. The majority of my heroines seem to be writers, latinas.

6. My heroes aren't too Alpha.

7. I spend more time dealing with the internal struggle inside my hero and my heroine (falling in love).

8. Most of my heroes are the ones with the supernatural powers.

9. Most of my heroes have money and don't need to work.

10. If there's an external conflict, then it overshadows the "falling in love" part.

Comments on "Ten Elements or Words I Always Use in My Stories"

 

Blogger Crystal* said ... (1:56 PM) : 

I LOVE reading these!
Grins*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (3:01 PM) : 

Chryscat - I know! *g* These are the things that put you to think about your writing. Funny how hard it is to see patterns until you have to think hard on them. *lol*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (3:08 PM) : 

BB - Nope. Vivienne King bitch-slapped the use of "was" and "had" outta me. *lol*

As for my heroes, it's true. Not alphas. Not one-inch-of-cock alphas. I'm live in a country surrounded by machista (alpha men). So my heroes are more Gamma. Hot in bed (they got cocks and mouths and know how to use them!), wonderful at seduction, but otherwise, they don't have the I'm-the-man-so-I-know-better attitude.

When am I sending you my stuff to review? Don't worry. As soon as I learn how to write a story, and I write some shit that's worth reading (or at least takes only 4 shots of tequila to get through), you hot bitches are gonna be the first ones to get an exclusive. *rofl* Meaning, I'll keep my lamely pathetic attempts to myself. Hey, I'm a bigger bitch critiquing my own stuff than any of you would ever be. *lol*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 PM) : 

That's a great list, Silma!

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (4:09 PM) : 

I'm right there with you on 4, 9, and 20. *ggg*

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (4:09 PM) : 

That would be number 10. I see it's time to cut my fingernails. LOL!

 

Blogger Jodie said ... (10:24 PM) : 

Ooh interesting. I've noticed most of my heroines are biytches - hard ass types.

I use the word trepidation too much. Tilt and sigh.

 

Blogger Kristen Painter said ... (8:56 AM) : 

I'm more of a diet Pepsi girl myself...lol

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 PM) : 

LOL on the coke, Silma }:)

 

post a comment