DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Monday, July 17, 2006

Argh mate!

My goddaughter and I had made plans to go to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2 since it's released in the States (a week earlier than in Puerto Rico). I'd taken her to see the first one when it came out, and we both have loved it very much - for different reasons. *wg* However, when it came down to see this second part, there was always something preventing us from going. But I was determined to see it. I was getting itchy to see it the more I read blogs and posts on the movie. Geez, it was like everyone had seen it but me. I felt so left out!

So since today is a holiday and I didn't have to go to work, we planned to go to the early matinee. She'd already phoned her best friend to come along with us. I didn't mind - but of course, I didn't know what I was getting into. The matinee started at 2:20. But the rain decided to start earlier. By the time I went to pick up my goddaughter, it was pouring hard, preventing us from leaving her house. I asked her she minded going to the next show at 5:30, and she said no. She phoned her best friend again, and we agreed to go at 5:30 instead. By then the rain had stopped. Whoopee!

We arrived to the theater 10 minutes to 5:30, so there I was with two 14-yr-old girls in tow. A totally new experience for me. I've never had so many teens tagging along with me before. All that giggling and chatting...

The movie started right on time, but that didn't stop the giggling and chatting. Especially when Orlando Bloom appeared in a scene. I could hear my goddaughter and her best friend sighing and chatting animately every time the dark lock pirate appeared on the silver screen. *lol* (Although looking at that poster, let's face it, he looks pretty dashing! I think it's the long hair that does it for me. *lol*) Gosh, I hope I wasn't as bad as they were when I was their age.

Oh, okay. Maybe I'm still as bad. *wg* I admit I couldn't take my eyes of Johnny Depp. Damn! The man looks so fine as a pirate. I could picture him dressed like that in my fantasies. But...er... *coughs* I disgress.

The movie was good. It was still funny like the first one but with a darker edge to it. All the characters seemed to be growing and changing directions, which makes me wonder what will happen in the 3rd. installment of the movie - especially between Elizabeth and Will. (Sorry, love Jack Sparrow but I'm still rooting that they stay together.) Regardless of some of the comments I've seen around, this movie answered some questions - at least to me. For instance, I always wondered where Jack Sparrow had gotten the "P" on his arm. All in all, I liked the movie.

After the movie, I took the teens to Burger King for something to eat. Basically the convo involved talks about how cute Orlando Bloom looked in the movie followed by giggling. *rolls eyes* Love both kids, but they zapped my energies. After returning them their respective homes, I got to mine and felt exhausted. Not even a warm shower revived me.

Comments on "Argh mate!"

 

Blogger Cora Zane said ... (9:01 AM) : 

I can't wait to see this! Of course, we'll likely get the DVD release because it's too hard to get to the theatre. I've heard all kinds of good things about this movie, now I'm really itching to see it!

 

Blogger Nonny Blackthorne said ... (9:40 AM) : 

Johnny Depp ... Orlando Bloom ... Kiera Knightley ... what's not to love??? :D

 

Blogger Silma said ... (11:01 AM) : 

Cora - DVD is coming out on Dec. 2. *g* Now I know what I want for Yuletide. hehehehe!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (11:02 AM) : 

Nonny - That's so true. *wg*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 PM) : 

You're a brave woman taking two 14 year olds with you! And I'm sure we were never that bad when we were their age. LOL!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 PM) : 

I've been hearing nothing but good things about this movie :)

 

post a comment