DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Keep on truckin'

Last night I tried to snap out of the writing funk I've been in since I finished editing the vamp story. Yeah, too much editing can get in a slump, you know.

First, at Romance Divas, Faith posted about Freya’s Bower seeking writers to write what she calls "Bites," short stories. So I opened the file for the short steamy story I wrote for the January contest. I'm planning on sending it to her. If she likes it, I'll propose to expand it a bit. WAIT! Don't hit me with the pillows yet! I said, just a bit. Add more of the 5 senses description thingy to it.

Then I opened the file and read what I'd written so far on my story for DDD. But I just couldn't get in the mood. So I tried putting music in the background. You know, something sexy, like Britney Spear's Slave for Your Love or Christina Aguilera's Dirrty. Didn't work. I even put some Aretha Franklin. No dice. Well, I put the story aside and logged on the net instead. It'd been a long time since I've downloaded music that installed the software again. And off I went to download all these disco songs from the 70s. Don't ask me why I did it. But while I was tapping my foot at the beat of Turn the Beat Around and Sylvester's You Make Me Feel, I began to see tendrils of ideas slowly slipping into my head. I think I've got my groove back.

Comments on "Keep on truckin'"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 AM) : 

Woo Hoo, Silma!!!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:03 AM) : 

Vivienne - I liked the original. But I must admit that Gloria Estefan gave it a very energetic feel to it that the original lacked. Oh well... different strokes for different folks.

Yeah, I gotta admit that there were some good disco songs. Let's face Donna Summers was the queen. And the Bee Gees were pretty good. Actually I liked them 'coz I thought Barry Gibb was hot (tall, great body, with long hair - damn, just the way I like my men!). I think I'd my first sexual fantasies with that man. *evil grin*

But that didn't take me away from rock music (anything from Black Sabbath to Fleetwood Mac to Journey to Foreigner). *lol* Then it came punk music so it was Blondie, The Clash, The Ramones, and The Sex Pistols. Heavy metal came with Scorpions, Judas Priests and Iron Maiden (back in 1978). Geez, these young generation doesn't know what they missed. *rofl*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:04 AM) : 

Bonnie - Guess what I found today at a local store? One of those mirror balls. The kind used on discos. It's a small one, so I bought it. *plays Stayin' Alive*

 

Blogger Shelli Stevens said ... (1:51 PM) : 

There's something to be said about disco. I love disco 70's music. It kicks butt. I wish I'd been around to dance to it then. I was too busy crapping my diapers :)

 

Blogger Susan Greene said ... (3:30 PM) : 

Silma
So...should we title this blog entry How Silma Got Her Groove Back?

I grew up with disco...so...I'm with ya there. I love it still. And the funny thing is, so do my kids. But then, my music taste has always been somewhat eclectic. I've got everything on my player from disco to country, Celtic to heavy metal. Go figure.
Ok...time to get back to work and quit playing on other people's blogs. :o)
Susan

 

Blogger Silma said ... (5:31 PM) : 

Shelli - Well, the music was good. But the clothing... yikes!!! *shudders* Okay, I admit it. I had the Farrah Fawcett hairdo. There. =P

 

Blogger Silma said ... (5:36 PM) : 

Susan - Yo! Good to see ya around here! *g* Yeah, maybe I should retitle this "How Silma Got Her Groove Back?" Man, I wish there was so cute men to help me get that groove back. *lol*

As for music, my taste is pretty ecclectic too. I'm into rock, punk, heavy metal, hair bands, new age, celtic, classical/guitar, flamenco, etc.

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (1:38 PM) : 

OO oldies! Gotta love 'em. They always make me happy :)

 

post a comment