DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Friday, March 24, 2006

The final stretch

For the past 5 days I've been driving myself to edge of madness as I sit behind the computer, with no Vanilla Coke to boost my energies, editing and re-editing the vampire novella. The word count has varied from 9,980 to 10,250 words. I know some of you would think that last number was good, but not for me. I began chopping down some of the scenes. One of the reasons was to move the action faster. I'm sorry, but I hate lingering on endless stupid descriptions. Yesterday I broke chapter 1 into two chapters since I realized there was no way I couldn't keep cutting down the scenes without damaging it. Whether it was a wise decision or not, well... let's see what happens when I get to that final chapter and check the word count of each chapter. Anyway, as things stand now, the novella has 9 chapters, and so far the word count is 9,994.

Today I'll work on the last chapter. Then it's off to DianaC to be critiqued. I know I should have it critique at least by more person, but she was the only one who answered my ad for CP at Romance Divas. And the truth is I want this to be over. I've never been so bored in my life. I wrote that story back in September, so by now I'm tired of it. I just want to be done with it and move on to finish the wereanimal story for the DDD before I get bored of it to. (Yeah, I suffer from WADD - Writer Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. *lol*) Anyway, she promised to have it critiqued by this weekend. So I'll do the final, final, final, final edits, and then I'll submit it.

Comments on "The final stretch"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

Sending you good writing vibes, Silma :)

 

Blogger Marci Baun said ... (5:54 PM) : 

My novella topped 12k today and I'm only 'bout half way through it.

 

Blogger Loribelle Hunt said ... (5:55 PM) : 

Good Silma! No more cutting!

 

Blogger Crystal* said ... (9:07 PM) : 

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww
I have that WADD thing going on myself sometimes. *sigh*
Grins*

 

Blogger Shelli Stevens said ... (3:15 AM) : 

Good luck finishing it. I get that syndrome all the time too! It was fun having you in the chat tonight!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:27 PM) : 

Bonnie - Thanks! I'll need all the good vibes I can get. *g*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:30 PM) : 

wcp/fb - If I'd started this novella without a specific word count in mind, I'm sure it'd be 15K, and I'd be nowhere finishing it. *LOL* But I first wrote it for an anthology that required the stories to be 6K or less short. Now I'm submitting it to a epublisher that only takes stories no shorter than 10K. The problem has been expanding the story. A total pain in the booty.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:31 PM) : 

Loribelle - Don't worry. I saved the deleted scenes in another file just in case I decide to re-instate them. *g*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:33 PM) : 

Chryscat - That only happens to me when I have to revisit one of my very old stories. Ugh!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:34 PM) : 

Shelli - Yeah, the chat was totally fun. And amazingly enough I behaved myself. *lol*

 

post a comment