DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Back after a 5-day weekend

Yep. You read that right. 5-day weekend. Monday was a holiday and so was yesterday, so they gave us Tuesday free too. Not bad, uh? Now ask me what I did with all that time. Go ahead. Ask. Okay, I'm going to tell. I did nothing.

Okay, that's partly not true. I did plenty where the new house is concerned. I spent Saturday adding the gravel to the flower bed, cleaning the closets and moping their floor. Then two days painting the closets because they were all dirty. And for the last two days were spent painting the gates and the rails on the porch white. The previous owner thought it cute to paint them light green. Ugh! It didn't match with the house colors - bone white and brown. Yeah, I know those colors are ugly too. Don't worry, I'm changing them. I'm planning to paint the house lima green with a dash of raspeberry red and white. *vbg*

Now, in the writing area, I didn't even touch the computer during these 5 days. I was so looking forward to finish writing the story for the Vamprotica contest, so I could get someone to critique it and have it edited before Saturday. Well, that pretty much went down the drain, didn't it?

Today I'm going to try to rush it in and write as much as I can. I might still have the story done by Sunday, but there's no way I can get someone to critique it in such a freaking short notice. *sighs*

Comments on "Back after a 5-day weekend"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 AM) : 

Wow, girl you've been busy!! Good luck with the story!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:11 AM) : 

Yep. And this weekend, I'm planning on starting to paint inside. At least the rooms anyway.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

Silma,

You did nothing, huh? LOL.

It sounds like you were very busy, lady. Even if you weren't writing, you have other things you need to take care of, so you did. Now go back to writing. LOL.

 

Blogger Eva Gale said ... (12:06 PM) : 

Sounds nice! I can't imagine a lime green house!

Cut yourself a break, if your house is settled, you'll be settled and your mind can focus on writing, not the list of stuff you have to do.

Mice to hear from you though!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (1:52 PM) : 

Angelle - It's just that the house is such a work in progress, that I can't help myself. I gotta do things to it before I move. *lol*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (1:56 PM) : 

Briana - It's a light yellowish green color. The rasperry red color is going to be make a nice contrast. *lol*

The house won't be settled, as you put it, until sometime in...er... September - if the weather cooperates. Today I talked to the person who's going to do the security windows. That takes 3 - 4 weeks. I already talked to the man who'll take out the old ones and put these. Then there is the new kitchen cabinet which I have to order pretty soon. I wish I had money so I could get the two bathrooms fix though. *sighs* So much to improve, so little money...

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (4:23 PM) : 

Silma, that was a 5 day weekend spent very, very, very well and very, very, VERY busy! I don't think I could lift my fingers to type after all that!

Good for you!

 

post a comment