DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Curled up with a bag of M&M's

I did it. *takes a very deep breath* Yep, I finally did it. I sent out a vampire erotic story to a competition. Just a few minutes ago I pressed that "Submit" button, and my story is on its way to Chippewa Publishing. It feels kind of surreal. *lol* I can't still believe I dared to submit it. My Muses are even throwing a party in my honor and all.

All in all, it came to roughly 5,960 words. Just a little under their maximum of words. My only regret is that I sent it without having it critique first. But it was impossible to in such a short notice. I did my best to polish it though. Chop here, add there. Make corrections.

So here I am here, muching on a new bag of M&M's. You know, going through the whole "I could have done better" stage. And I honestly think I could have a whole lot better 'coz I don't think I did any justice to the story in almost 6K words. So I'm not expecting any acceptance email. Au contraire, I'm sure the people at Chippewa Publishing can always use it as an example of to others of what not to send them. *lol*

Now, if you all excuse me, I'm off to join my Muses. I heard Adonis brought some wine. Damn, I think I need a drink.

Comments on "Curled up with a bag of M&M's"

 

Blogger Regina Avalos said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Congrats on getting it done!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (6:02 PM) : 

Thank Gina! If I could, I'd email you some wine from the party. *g*

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (6:59 PM) : 

Everyone goes through the 'OMG, this is so awful/what in the world was I thinkin'?'

I'm sure it is great and even if you don't get an acceptance email, YOU GOT IT DONE!!!

Woo-hoo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 PM) : 

That's awesome. Good luck! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

You go, girl!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

This is great, congrats!!

 

Blogger Eva Gale said ... (4:15 PM) : 

WooHoo Sil!!

The worst part is over. You hit send. *g*

I've got my fingers crossed for you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 PM) : 

WOO HOO on taking that plunge! I'm so proud of you.

 

Blogger DD Blackman said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Hooray for you. Enjoy those M&M's.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (7:39 AM) : 

Thanks for the cheers, you girls! *vbg*

Kat - You're right. It's all about about you "getting it done" after chickening out for so long. *lol*

Briana - Uh-hu. The scary part was hitting the send button. I closed my eyes and did it. I think I drank like 5 glasses of wine afterwards. *lol*

 

post a comment