DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A sweet surprise

Tonight as I was sitting to read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, my cell phone rang. I didn't recognize the phone number displayed in the ID caller but I answered anyway. It was my high-school best friend. Ohmigosh! What a great surprise!

Last time I saw her was 6 years ago - our first meeting since we'd graduated from high school. I think she phoned me the following year, but I didn't hear from her again. I sent her a Yuletide card last year, hoping to get back in contact with her, but she never answered back so I thought she might have moved.

She told me she'd lost my phone number, and while surfing the web, she'd found my resume online and called the number in it, hoping I'd answer. Gosh, the web makes the world so small. Anyway, we chatted for like 2 hours. We cut it short because it is a weekday and she has to wake up early tomorrow. Still, I was good to hear from her. Now I'm off to read Harry Potter.

Comments on "A sweet surprise"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 PM) : 

Enjoy it. I don't plan on reading it until Christmas. :(

 

Blogger Silma said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Sasha - Why until Yuletide?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 PM) : 

Those are best kind of surprise phone calls! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

How fun! Very cool surprise.

 

Blogger Shesawriter said ... (6:13 PM) : 

Silma,

I've been trying to find my HS best friend for years. It's been at least 15. I tracked her down to Phila, PA, but that's where the trail grows cold. I just hope she's okay. I'm glad you found your friend. Enjoy the blessing.

Tanya

 

Blogger Eva Gale said ... (6:46 PM) : 

How great is that? I hope you keep in touch!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Tori - Oh, I know! I couldn't stop smiling.

Suzanne - Very cool indeed!

Tanya - I do. We were like Han Solo and Chewbacca in h.s., getting in and out of trouble together. *winks and grins*

Briana - The weird part is that we lose touch and somehow she always manage to find her way back to me. Well, that's Chewie for you. *vbg*

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:27 PM) : 

That's so cool about the call!! How you enjoying Harry?

 

Blogger SuzanH said ... (10:37 PM) : 

What a great surprise.

And are you dying reading HBP?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:36 PM) : 

I just reconnected with the oldest friend I've ever had! While we weren't close from 7th grade on, we were in daycare together and Kindergarten together.

In fact, she has her Kindergarten report card and the memo stated the teacher's dismay at her "social time" ... with ME! That was a blast to hear.

 

post a comment