DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Sunday, June 19, 2005

A waste of a Saturday night

Well, I was hoping to get some writing done last night, but I was so torn about what to do with my latest WIP that I was creatively paralyzed. As I sometimes do when I'm stuck, I cranked some good Fleetwood Mac tunes on CD and let my fingers hovered over the keyboard, willing them to move, to type something - anything! - but I kept having this argument inside my brain every time I came up with an idea. It went something like this:

Brain: "Do you really want to add that scene?"
Me: "Yeah, it's a good one."
Brain: "But what does it have to do with the conflict?"
Me: *sighed* "Oh, okay, maybe I could write another story and add this scene then."
Brain: "Using the same setting - the beach?"
Me: "Yeah. Why not?"
Brain: "Boooooring."
Me: "Okay, then I'll add it here somehow."
Brain: "It'll look a bunch of disjointed scenes."
Me: "Well, excuse me if I can't write in linear form."
Brain: "Oh sheesh! Is that the best you can come up with?"
Me: "I'm trying my best, you know!"
Brain: "The story is fine the way it is."
Me: "No, it's not. I need to crank up the heat."
Brain: "You're obsessed with this story, you know."
Me: "Oh, shut up!"

Great! Just what I needed - an opinionated mind. *snorts* So after spending hours sitting before the computer, all I had typed was "lalalalalalalala" like a gazillion times. So I gave up and went off to watch some TV.

Comments on "A waste of a Saturday night"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM) : 

Silma, I was in the same place last night as you were on Saturday, except I didn't have any ideas. I think sometimes our brains just decide to shut down and rest from writing. That's what I tell myself, anyway.

And I didn't watch TV. I played games at pogo.com

 

Blogger Silma said ... (2:46 PM) : 

Maybe there's something in the air!

 

post a comment