DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Jumping into the Summers' challenge

Yesterday Jordan Summers put out the idea of a BIAW (book in a week) challenge for those of us who aren't going to the RT convention at Daytona Beach. I've never been fond of BIAW challenges since I find that the pressure tends to give me writer's block, so I was weary about signing up for this one. But I realized that I needed a kick in the butt if I wanted to stay focus on my writing. Lately, I've been all over the place. Not good. Not good at all. I don't do too well multi-tasking. Or in this case, multi-writing. *sighs*

So last night I sat down with the files to all my 6 WIPs opened. Although 3 of them needed the most attention, especially the wereanimal story, I soon realized my ...inspiration wasn't there. So disappointed, I closed the files and got into the internet. (Yeah, wasting time on the net is a great way to make the worries go away. Riiight.) I logged into Romance Divas's website, and while there I remembered talking to Eden and a few others last Saturday night about entering Phaze: Samba's contest. Of course, I'd not been serious back then. But as I checked out the forums, a hazy idea started taking root. Could I write something short for the contest?

After I logged out of Romance Divas, I checked out a few websites, and ideas started popping into my head. Here I was asking the Muses for one - mind you - ONE idea. But no... The little overachievers sent me three ideas, each with pretty catchy titles. I wrote the titles and the basic premise of each, and put them away.

This morning I took them out and began to thinking about them. I've got two great stories, but they might end up being 20K (at least) each. No good. My goal is to have the story written in 6 days. No more. I needed a simple plot. One I could write fast and quickly send it to my CPs. Then I looked at the third idea. It was a bit hazy at first, but once I began writing it I realized it was perfect. Think How Stella Got Her Groove Back with a threesome twist. 40-ish woman with two hot (and young) Brazilian brothers. Niiiice. *evil grin* Can it be done in 5 - 6K? Yep. Not much of a plot, and tonz of hot sex. Can I write it? Yes, I can! *repeats like a mantra*

So BIAW, here I come.

Update: 700 words

Comments on "Jumping into the Summers' challenge"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

Go for it, Silma! You can do it! *waves pom-poms*

If you still need a kick in the butt after this week ... we're having our monthly BiaW challenge over at Evolution. Just thought I'd mention in case it's something you'd be interested in. :)

Keep us posted on the word counts!

 

Blogger Dayna_Hart said ... (6:21 AM) : 

Whether you know it or not, 'can we do it? yes we can!' is the tagline from a kid's show. (one of my boys faves, actually) And the fact that I'll be watching it later today, thinking of someone writing 'tonz of hot sex' is enough to give me the giggles. (Of course, I've been up since 4 a.m., so I think searing pain could give me the giggles, too)
Good luck on the Samba! I have faith in you: can you do it? YES YOU CAN :)

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:03 AM) : 

Nonny - Thanks for the cheers! Hm... The BiaW sounds good. Let's see if I can join you.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:05 AM) : 

Dayna - *lol* You're too funny! Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to need all the support to do this. *g*

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (2:36 PM) : 

YES, YOU CAN!!!

 

Blogger Shawn said ... (7:43 PM) : 

LOL! 2 men, Brazillian men and a 40 year old woman. Whew! Sounds like my kind of story!

 

Blogger Crystal* said ... (9:25 PM) : 

*chanting*
Yes, you can! Yes, you can! Yes, you can!
Grins*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (10:22 PM) : 

Jordan - Thanks for the vote of confidence! *g*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (10:23 PM) : 

Shawn - *lol* I just hope the story comes out as good as the premise promises.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (10:23 PM) : 

Chryscat - Thanks for the cheers! *g*

 

post a comment