DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Doing some reading...

Tuesday night I finished reading Working for the Devil by Lilith Saintcrow. (Spoiler now ->) It's a great read. I almost cried at the end when Lucifer took the child from Dante and left Japhrimel, the demon that had turned Fallen because he fell in love with Dante, on the floor to die and Dante took his ashes, put them in urn, and took them with her. It didn't have a HEA, happily-ever-after (I'd hoped Dante would date Japhrimel since she was falling for him), but dang nabbit, I loved the story. Couldn't put it down. It was a tragic love story like Romeo & Juliet.

Last night I started reading Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie Moning. I'm a big fan of hers. I've read some of her previous book of the Highlander series. Gosh, they make me sweat! I mean, that woman can write some mean sensual novels. When I grow up, I want to be like her. *lol* No, seriously, I bow to her talents to keep the sensual level in her books high. *kneels and chants "I'm not worthy.* And Adam Black, the darkest - and most sensual - faery, isn't a disappointment. If it weren't for the pain my left hip last night, I'd have had some serious wet dreams with him.

Speaking of Karen Marie Moning's Highlander series, I just went by Barnes and Nobles.com and found out her latest, Spell of the Highlander, is going to be release on paperback by the end of this month. Oooooh... I can't wait!!! *bounces like a tigger*

Comments on "Doing some reading..."

 

Blogger Nonny Blackthorne said ... (9:42 AM) : 

I loved Working for the Devil, but the ending made me cry. I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel.

I haven't read anything by Moning, though I keep seeing her books in the store. Is there anything in particular you'd recommend for someone new to her work?

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (2:22 PM) : 

Oh man, I'm not going to finish Working with the Devil now. I know I shouldn't have read the spoiler, but I would've freaked at that ending. Thank you for saving me. :) I'm sure the book is great, but I hate endings like that.

I've loved just about everything Karen Moning has written. You're right, she is amazing with sensuality. You want her heroes and then some. Grin.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (4:14 PM) : 

Nonny - Oh, me too!!! I read the first chapter and I was like WOW! *lol* Although I'm not totally thrilled about Jace, her ex-lover, moving back into her life. I mean, he's expecting her to forgive him just like that. And somehow I feel like he's feeling guilty about Japhrimel's death, and he's trying to make up for that, like trying to take his place in protecting Dante.

As for Moning's books, I've read Kiss of the Highlander, its second part The Dark Highlander, and Highlander's Touch. So far my favorite is The Dark Highlander. Although I'm getting a huge kick out of Immortal Highlander. *g* What did you expect of someone who loves gorgeous men with a bad boy attitude and are good seduction? *winks*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (4:17 PM) : 

Jordan - Oh, no, no. You have to finish that book. It's true it doesn't have a happy ending, but it's sooo touching. You know the kind of ending that makes you believe in love and sacrifice. Besides, I have the feeling that maybe Japhrimel might come back. Maybe he became an angel? *g*

 

Blogger Dana Pollard said ... (6:56 PM) : 

I have Spell of the Highlander by KMM in hardback. Worth every buck. And the cover is so stinkin' hot!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:52 PM) : 

Dana - Oh... I can't wait to get my copy on paperback. And, girl, let's face it. All those covers for KMM's books are - if I may "steal" Paris Hilton's line - hot!

 

Blogger Shelli Stevens said ... (10:46 PM) : 

Man, i admire you for being such a great reader! You're good. I barely have time to read, but figured out if I review it's a good way to make sure i'm still reading ;)

 

Blogger Jodie said ... (12:47 AM) : 

You know, I've only read 1 of Karies book - a historical and loved it. I haven't seen her in any of my local bookstores since. Contemps and Historicals are mainly the thing here...

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:21 AM) : 

Shelli - Reading for me is like an addiction. *lol* It drives me crazy if I don't read something - anything, even a dictionary - before going to bed. Besides reading gives me inspiration to write. ;)

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:23 AM) : 

Jodici - I've only read her Highlander series because they're so sensual. I wish I could find a Highlander like the ones she describes. *lol* I'd marry him right away.

 

Blogger Nonny Blackthorne said ... (1:04 PM) : 

Silma: Yeah, I'm not too crazy on Jace, either. I'm really interested to see what she'll do in the second book...

... and wow, my shitty-ass library actually has Moning's books. (3/4 of the authors I try to look up ... they don't carry. And this is with a system of some 20+ libraries. Grr.) I'll definitely be checking the ones you mentioned out. Thanks! :)

 

Blogger Silma said ... (1:39 PM) : 

Nonny - And I have a feeling Japhrimel will somehow popup again. Remember that he promised to explain Dante about her new powers (the ones he passed on to her).

Have fun reading about those damn sexy Highlanders! BTW, at least your library carries romance novels. Ours doesn't. Ugh!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 PM) : 

I loved Immortal Highlander, but then I love all her books. I haven't read Spell of the Highlander yet, however, I'm sure I'll love that too ;)

 

post a comment