DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Breakthrough

Yesterday morning I was hitting the (absolute) bottom of editing hell. I came close to hit the "Delete" button to erase the whole story about 4 times. (Yep, I was ready to say "WTF!" and quit. Yeah, it was that insane.) Then when I came back from lunch, I sat again and tried to make heads and tails out of the story. And by mid-afternoon I finally had a breakthrough. I broke the original chapter 4 into two chapters. Then I turned chapter 3 into chapter 4. Then I took the first part of the original chapter 4 and turned it into chapter 3. The second part of the original chapter 4 is now chapter 5, and move the rest of the chapters up one so now the story has 8 chapters in total. Unbelievably crazy, uh? *laughs like a maniac*

Comments on "Breakthrough"

 

Blogger Crystal* said ... (11:49 PM) : 

You are cracking me up. Managed that little sucker quite handily, didn't you?
Um...like the laugh.
Grins*

 

Blogger Loribelle Hunt said ... (2:42 AM) : 

Crazy or not, all that counts is that it works. ;) Glad to hear you didn't delete all that work lol!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 AM) : 

Yea on the breakthrough, Silma :)

 

Blogger Kristen Painter said ... (4:55 PM) : 

I'm just glad to hear something worked for you! Sounds like it worked rather well, too.

 

Blogger Jodie said ... (5:21 PM) : 

Sometimes the biggest problems end up being right in your face. And then you just wanna throw your computer because It's right there!

Well, good for you!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:24 PM) : 

Chryscat - Let's just say that I managed to keep my sanity another day.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:36 PM) : 

Vivienne - Your critique harsh? Oh pleeze... *rolls eyes and laughs* You're not a harsh critiquer. Trust me, I was in a critique group in which some of critiquers made Simon Cowell (American Idol) look like the sweetest person on Earth.

And as for not wanting to critique my stuff anymore... Don't be silly!!! *thawps you with a pillow* If I'm in this hellhole called editing is 'coz I decided to expand the story and send it to Cobblestone. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with your critique, you hear? (Okay, maybe a little. But just a little. Like 1.5%) I have choices, you know. I could have kept the original story at 5,994 words, and if there wasn't someone to publish it, I could do that myself. I've got the technology right here in my computer to turn that baby into an ebook in less than 15 minutes.

So seriously, it's all been my choice. This is a new experience for me. I've never expanded any of my stories. I didn't know shit would hit the ceiling if I did. But live and learn, right? *g*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:38 PM) : 

Loribelle - I don't know if it works. It has certain changed the pace of the story, that's for sure. I don't know if the new pace will work for a erotic story. Then again, I'll submit it anyway. If Cobblestone doesn't like, I'll publish it myself. *g*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:39 PM) : 

Bonnie - Thanks! Now I need to figure out how to integrate the rest. *lol* And I've not done much writing this weekend. I've mostly worked around the house, cleaning.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:40 PM) : 

Kristen - Oh, I hope it does work! *lol* Let's see what happens in the last round of critiques.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:41 PM) : 

Jodici - In this case, the chapter 4 the longest of all chapters, with over 2K. That's what really got me thinking. All the other chapters are around 1,500K. So I figured either I pumped all the other chapters to 2K, or chop chapter 4 down. I went for the latter.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Vivienne - *LOL* Yeah, we can conmiserate together between margaritas.

 

post a comment