DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Friday, March 17, 2006

Hello from editing hell

Ehem... Hello? Someone should have warned me that expanding a story from 5,900 words to 10K was the ultimate editing hell when I first mentioned I wanted to expand my vampire story. *growls*

Last night I spent four long... grueling... hours editing my vampire story, and I'm nowhere seeing the end of it. Why? Because now nothing - absolutely nothing - makes sense in the story. I thought it did when I expanded it to 9,500 words. But as I went over Vivienne's critique I realized that in trying to expand the story, it lost its rhythm, the focus, characterization, the mystery...everything. *insert your favorite curse word here*

I think it'd have been better off if I've deleted what the whole thing and started the story all over again. *grumbles* But it's too late now. I can't write a 10K story in a lapse of week, my full-time job doesn't allow me free time to write at all. And I (really, really) need to get back to the were-panther story.

Today's mantra: I hate editing. Editing is evil. Editing is the devil's way to punish us for being creative.

(Note to Chryscat: Girl, if the word bliss ever come to describe the process of editing, it'll be a very cold day in hell indeed. *lol*)

Comments on "Hello from editing hell"

 

Blogger MJFredrick said ... (6:46 PM) : 

I love that - "Editing is the devil's way to punish us for being creative." I need that on a t-shirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:32 AM) : 

(((Silma))) on the editing frustrations.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (1:14 PM) : 

Tori - Amen to that!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (1:14 PM) : 

MaryF - *LOL* Me too!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Jordan - *snort* Yeah, yeah... Laugh now. Wait till its trident pinch ya in the butt. Bwwwaaaaahahahaha! *g*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (1:27 PM) : 

Bonnie - Thanks. At least I was able to move forward some yesterday.

 

post a comment