DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Monday, March 06, 2006

Fem-dom thoughts?

A fellow writer read one of my stories, which I'm having trouble getting published, recently. She commented that a reason why I'm having problems selling it might be of the fem-dom theme. Of course, I just stood there blinking. What fem-dom thingy? Sure the hero calls the heroine mistress. But what did you expect? She is a vampire, and he is her slave. But she doesn't treat him like that. There's only one - mind you, ONE - sex scene in which she is acting all dom, and he's all submissive, allowing her to tie him up to the bed and have her way with his body. And I can't eliminate that scene because it's a flashback which shows how the hero and the heroine's relationship used to be, versus how their relationship is now that he is reborn. (He is more aggressive, and likes to take charge in during the sex act.) So I don't see it as a fem-dom story.

Still, she is sure that there's a possibility that it might have been perceived that way. She went on to explain me that fem-dom stories aren't popular among erotic romance readers.

My question is, would you read a fem-dom story? If so, why do you like them? If not, why do you shy away from reading stories in which the woman likes to dominate, and the man goes along with it during sex?

Comments on "Fem-dom thoughts?"

 

Blogger Shesawriter said ... (10:56 PM) : 

Um, no, I wouldn't read one, but that's just me. I don't know why. It just is. Yeah, I know. I'm no help.

Tanya

 

Blogger Trista Bane said ... (11:47 PM) : 

I think I would've answered this differently a couple of months ago, before I started reading a variety of erotic romances. But now, I would probably read it if the story line intrigued me, and I love vamps!

 

Blogger Loribelle Hunt said ... (11:55 PM) : 

I've never really thought about it Silma. I don't think I'd go out of my way to find one but if it landed across my desk, well, I read everything eventually lol. Good luck it with it. With all the new presses coming open, I'm sure there's a home for it. ;)

 

Blogger Bebe said ... (12:06 AM) : 

I love kick-ass heroines! And I hate when they get submissive around a man. They are not being true to themselves. Either they are just acting "kick-ass" or just acting "submissive". Either way, it just seems false to me.

Umm. You know Mercury is in retrograde, right? Maybe it's just a timing thingy, not a fem-dom thingy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

Silma - I'm with Loribelle. I never really thought about it, and I probably wouldn't go out of my way to read one, but that's probably just because I never have.

However, if one dropped into my lap, I'd go ahead and read it, just from curiosity. And you never know, it might end up changing my opinion.

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (4:07 PM) : 

I'm not crazy about those types of stories. I think because I dig alpha males who challenge alpha females too much.

 

Blogger Angela's Designs said ... (4:52 PM) : 

Sure. I read a mainstream romance where the heroine had the hero tied up the first half of the book. But the heroine in that story didn't do anything more than kiss him as it was mainstream as far as sensuality level. I was thinking... tie a hunk up and all you do is kiss him! LOL. ;)

 

Blogger Crystal* said ... (5:36 PM) : 

Hmmmmmm. Interesting.
I enjoy Alpha Males too much, I think. This doesn't mean I would discount a Fem-dom story, just that I wouldn't seek it out.
That being said...I like to read domination as much as the next person.
Grins*

 

Blogger Jodie said ... (11:07 PM) : 

I would if it's done right. I'm not into the whole feminization and verbal abuse thing. But something light would be empowering and sexy. Like the light bondage and a BIT of light spanking maybe.

Its hard to protray a strong hero as a sub, even though they are actually pretty strong.

Its an interesting project and if it's light bondage on her part then by all means I'll read it.

You could try switching? That might make it more acceptable to some readers...

 

Blogger Shelli Stevens said ... (12:36 AM) : 

I think the flashback could work, as long as it follows some non fem dom sex. Maybe have it as a middle point. I have a brief scene like that, but he reverses it real quick! Maybe people aren't fond of it because the whole women's lib thing is so big, that in the bedroom we still just want to be the helpless woman. Totally random thought. But it's true in my head!
Thanks for coming by my blog and giving me lots of encouragement!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (1:18 PM) : 

Thank you all for your comments! The wheels in my head are turning at the speed of light. If I can resolve certain issues, I might come up with my own epublisher for that type of stories. *wg*

 

post a comment