DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Conflicting goals...

Have you ever had one of those days in which you realized you have a lot of things to do in very little time? So in order to meet your goals suddenly your whole schedule has to change and you have to get yourself organized?

That's how it has been for me in the last 12 hours. You see, I decided to go along with Lisa's idea of the weekly goals. So after looking at the contest schedule, yesterday I posted my goals for what remains of this week, which consisted in working on the Phaze - Surge story for the next 5 days. The edit the remaining 5 days, and finally submit the story.

But just today it hit me that Cobblestone Press is opening its submission tomorrow. Oh-oh... This definively screwed my schedule. Decisions...decisions...decisions... I hate when this happens. If I want to submit my vampire erotic romance to Cobblestone Press by tomorrow, I have to spend editing and adding scenes today and tomorrow. Which pushes my Phaze - Surge story back 2 days. Not good... Or is it?

*sighs* I must be frank; I'm rather disappointed with the contests. It's not that I expect them to send emails to the losers with details on why their stories didn't make it. But it should be common courtesy to at least send a generic (even impersonal) email saying, "Thanks for participating. We are not interested in your story at this moment. However, we hope..." However, this policy of not sending an email to the losers seems a bit rude.

So I've been debating whether to enter the Phaze's contest or not. And then when taking into consideration that I'll be submitting for Cobblestone Press in which at least I'd get a letter for certain, the priority shifted.

Comments on "Conflicting goals..."

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (2:57 PM) : 

Actually, most contests don't do anything other than announce the winners. This is especially true in a publisher contest. The only ones who send feedback are the smaller local RWA contests. So if you want feedback for your work, there are a LOT of options. Most of the contests are screaming about the fact that they aren't receiving enough erotic romances for their ER categories. So don't give up. :)

 

Blogger Silma said ... (4:27 PM) : 

Jordan - I wasn't interested in feedback, although that would have been nice. I was talking about the polite note to let you know that they did receive your submission and it didn't win. I've heard horror stories of writers who have submitted to contests and just gotten a little note saying that they got the email, yet somehow their submissions have gotten lost but they didn't find out until they enquire about it much much later.

 

Blogger Jodie said ... (4:47 PM) : 

Wow, I think I might join this weekly goal thing - I'm having trouble proirizing right now - with promo, web dev, writing and general housewife/mother duties.

That is a bit rude not to send to those that don't qualify - even agents send a thanks, no thanks...well most do.

Best of luck with Cobblestone!

 

Blogger Shesawriter said ... (9:43 PM) : 

Submit! Submit! Submit! Good luck with Cobblestone. :-)

Tanya

 

Blogger Silma said ... (10:15 PM) : 

Jodici - Yeah, you're not too late to join the weekly goal challenge. Hoppalong! Hehehe!

Thanks for wishing me luck with Cobblestone. *g* I'm going to need it. Sable Grey is very picky as an editor. I don't know if the story will measure up to her standards.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (10:16 PM) : 

Tanya - I will! I will! I will! *lol* Thanks for that extra push!

 

post a comment