DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Weekend in review

Sometimes the best layout plans just shoot straight to hell.

My computer's battery backup did a weird sound last Monday, which froze my computer temporarily. Nothing much happened afterwards. Except on Tuesday I noticed a black gooey thingy from under it. The hind legs had melt down. How did it happen? I didn't know. And I didn't want to know. Bottom line, the battery backup was in its last legs (or should I say front ones since the others had melt down). No problem. It is 11 years old. Time for a new one. I went to the only places that sells them here, Office Max. Their prices for those APC battery backups are way too high. So I went straight to the company's website, and I found that APC has a trade-up program, so I ordered the new last Thursday. Meanwhile, I tried to use the old one for short periods of time. Bad idea. Very bad idea. Friday night it started giving this weird smell. Could it be lead leaking from the battery? The idea scared me, so I ended up unpluging it and put it outside. Today my cousin lent me her battery backup from her laptop. It's a small one. Okay for laptops, bad for my full tower computer. But I figured it'll be okay to use it for half and hour.

Anyway, my writing goals for this week were simple:

1) Expand scenes in Enduring Promise
2) Have it critiqued
3) Edit it some more
4) Send it to Cobblestone
5) Finish the Phaze - Surge story and submit it

Due to the computer problem, I'm bowing out of the Phaze - Surge contest. The battery backup won't be here until Tuesday (or no latter than Wednesday), so I won't have much time to finish it, have it critiqued, and edit it. Then I didn't work on Enduring Promise either. At least now I have access to the story. I've printed the scenes that I want to expand. Even if I don't have a computer, at least I can scribble notes. (Ahh... the trusty old pen and paper!)

Comments on "Weekend in review"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 AM) : 

(((Silma))) on the computer situation.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:13 AM) : 

Thanks Bonnie. I hope this over by Wednesday.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

*hugs* on the computer problems. A melting battery backup sounds really bad!

 

post a comment