DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Friday, March 03, 2006

So you're a writer.... uh?

Recently in the Chit-Chat forum at Romance Divas Shari asked how people react when you tell them you are a writer. My answer is very simple. I don't tell them. (The only ones that know that I write are the members of the groups I belong to. And even they don't know my pen names.) *g*

Why? I don't want them to find out.

And why, you may ask. I love to veil myself in mystery. I enjoy the fact that people might read something I wrote, yet not know I wrote it. I get a kick of hearing them discussing something I wrote, whether it's good or bad. I even get a kick out of joining the conversation. If they're saying something good about what I wrote, I just go completely the opposite and attack it. If they hate it, then I defend it. What can I say? I get some cheap thrill out of the situation. I'm whacked that way. *lol*

Comments on "So you're a writer.... uh?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:04 AM) : 

LOL, Silma }:)

 

Blogger Shawn said ... (12:06 PM) : 

LOL! I do that with my poetry sometime Silma. :D

 

Blogger Silma said ... (2:04 PM) : 

Bonnie - *evil grin*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (2:07 PM) : 

Shawn - Good to know I'm not the only one. *g*

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (6:01 PM) : 

Yup, very whacked (grin). BTW, love the new banner (or the addition to it)!

 

Blogger Angela's Designs said ... (6:20 PM) : 

So... I may have read one of your books and not known it! LOL.

 

Blogger Crystal* said ... (6:54 PM) : 

LMAO!
That is so delicious. It really is.
Grins*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:54 PM) : 

Kat - Thanks! I love it too! I love this bouts of inspiration.

Since now I'm at home and my monitor is 800 X 600 resolution, I see that it's a little to big, and it doesn't show as I saw at work using a monitor of higher resolution. But I'm not going to shrink it. Most people have high resolution monitors anyway, right?

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:55 PM) : 

Annalee - It's possible. *evil grin*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:06 PM) : 

Crystal - I know. I've got such a deviant mind. *g* I even do the same where I work. People who don't know me ask where I am, and I just answer as if I don't know who they're talking about, and you won't believe the info about me that I can pump out of them.

 

Blogger Shesawriter said ... (11:23 AM) : 

I stopped telling them too. I got tired of the "When's your book coming out," type of questions. I'm always tempted to say, "When pigs fly," only because the question puts me in a mood. :-)

Tanya

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 PM) : 

LOL! My coworkers almost always knew I wrote because I always wrote during my lunch hour. And I couldn't seem to help myself from telling them when they asked what I was doing. *g*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (2:12 PM) : 

Tanya - I hear ya!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (2:13 PM) : 

Tori - My co-workers know that I write too 'coz they have seen me typing furiously whenever I get a free chance. However, they don't know what I write or if it's published. They've asked, but I just smiled mysteriously and keep on writing.

 

post a comment