DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Making the best of rejection

I know that may sound funny but it's the truth. I'm not terrible sorry about getting that rejection yesterday. As a matter of fact, it came as a blessing. After I submitted the scene, I realized it was a pretty darn good one. It was powerful. I kept thinking about the hero and the heroine, and the more I thought about them, the more I wanted to add to details (using the five senses). Let's face it, the scene definitively needs to be expanded. Not into a full novella. I don't see it as something with a very complicated plot. But I can sure expand on the emotions, inner thoughts, and other details to the scene so it can go up maybe to 2 - 3K. Have you ever submitted a short story to a contest and afterwards you're thinking that you could have expanded to make it longer and better and curse the constraints of the contest?

Comments on "Making the best of rejection"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:03 PM) : 

So sorry about the rejection!! Hang in there. Have chocolate. It helps.

 

Blogger K.A.S. said ... (11:33 PM) : 

That's great that you can turn around and look so positively at it! I hope when my rejections start rolling in, I can bounce back half so quickly.
*hugs* and good luck getting that baby beefed up a bit!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:35 AM) : 

Thanks Tess! The truth is that their rejection letter was so nice and sweet that I didn't feel so bad after all. And it came as a blessing, as now I can add more to that little story. *g*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:36 AM) : 

Well, Karen, it helps when rejection letters are done properly. I'm sure I'll confront tonz of nasty rejections on the road to become published.

 

post a comment