DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Sunday, January 01, 2006

A new year and new goals (?)

2006 is here, and I want to wish you all a very happy one. If you're a reader, may this be a year full of good reads. And if you're a writer, may it be full of inspiration. For those who are aspiring writers, may the Muses bless you and hope this is the year you get "the letter." *g*

Today I spent it painting the closet doors of my new house. I painted my office's closet bright yellow. Okay, it's yellow. But it's not so bright. I was disappointed, but it looks good so I'm letting it go. Then I painted the rest of the other rooms' closet peach. Another disappointment. I thought the color would be more orangy and not so pinky. But it grows on you, so I let it go too.

I sat on the porch to watch the sun set, and as the remains of the first day of the new year dies, I realized I've not given any thoughts about goals to achieve this year. You see, I always made a list of goals in the morning of the first day of the year, which I kept in a visible place to remind me of them. This year I didn't. I was painting. Okay, that was one goal I accomplished. *lol* As the sun sank behind the mountains, I pondered what new writing goals I could achieve this year and it hit me that I bowed out of many from last year. I only wrote two stories. Actually, it was one story (for the Vamprotica contest) and one scene (the one I entered yesterday to the contest). Depressing, isn't it? *sighs* Perhaps my one goal this year should be to be more consistent about my writing. So, have you given some thought to your list goals for this year? What are some of the writing goals you've set out?

Comments on "A new year and new goals (?)"

 

post a comment