DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Monday, January 02, 2006

First rejection of the year

Okay, maybe it's not. But still, it should count as a rejection. Anyway, I didn't win in the Best Opening Scene contest held by the Romance Divas. Not that I was holding my breath. Almost nobody liked The Romance Writer and... story just by looking at the low scores it received. I'm feeling a bit stung, but it was all good. Now I know there's another genre I stink at - romantic comedies.

My hearfelt congratulations go to the winning divas: Babe, C.C., and Cynthia. Good luck with Medallion Press! *g*

Comments on "First rejection of the year"

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (12:19 PM) : 

(((Hugs))) Sorry to hear about the contest. Who judged it? Did you get any feedback? Remember, they're VERY subjective. I wouldn't take the outcome of one contest and allow it to determine what I'm capable of writing. Seriously. I've received some really interesting responses from contests, including, "If I'd have known this was a ---- type of book, I would've never read it." LOL! Hang in there.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Jordan, thanks for your kind words. Well, the BOS contest was judged by the fellow members of the Romance Divas. Yes, I got a lot of feedback. Most of them thought it wasn't funny. Since it was present as romantic comedy, I guess they expected comedy in the sense of big laughs.

Don't worry. I'm not losing any sleep over it. I figured that chapter plus the prologue and two other chapters were critiqued by several others - including 5 published writers. And they liked it. So I guess I'm on the right track. Now if I could crank up the heat and turn it into an erotic romantic comedy, I'd be in heaven.

 

post a comment