DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Met first goal of the year

Can you believe it? I did it! I just emailed my submission to the Amber Quill Press's HeatWave Contest. (Yep, the same one I was so depressed about last year and ended up not submitting). I spent 6 days polishing the vampire story (the one I'd submitted to the other contest and never heard of from). It went from 5,992 words to around 8,350 words. Okay, I feel like I could have added more to her flashback in that one scene. Oh gosh, now I'm starting to feel all nervous. *lol* Oh, I better not think too much about it. Just be happy with the fact that I submitted it.

Comments on "Met first goal of the year"

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (12:20 PM) : 

Fingers crossed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 PM) : 

That's great, Silma!!!!! :)

 

Blogger Silma said ... (1:54 PM) : 

Thanks for Jordan! I'm excited too! But I know there's some pretty tough competition. Since Trace from Amber Quill Press joined Romance Divas and answered questions on the forum, more and more divas (both published and unpublished) became interested and submitted. Since those who are already published have an edge over those of us who aren't, I'm trying not to hold my breath. I just want to know that I had the guts to submit. If I get lucky, it'll be accepted. *g*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (1:55 PM) : 

Thanks Bonnie! Now I'm gearing up for the DDD anthology. *g*

 

post a comment