DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Finally! I met one goal

Writing a 600-word scene with carries some sort of plot line isn't as easy as it sounds, believe me. I didn't think I could. For the past 4 days I tried to work on it, and I was plagued with my typical array of insecurities. *sighs* Let alone a long battle with the plotter inside me. Too many good ideas, so little number of words to expand on it.

I think I must have started writing the scene about 10 times, and every single time I'd sit and stare at the blank page, battling my inner "writing" demons. But after posting in Romance Divas that I'd do this contest and receiving so much encouragement from my fellow divas, I felt the pressure to do this. Maybe 'coz of the fellow writers there. They all have such great faith in me, and I hated to disappoint them. (Peer pressure. Gotta love it.)

The deadline was tonight, so I sat down with my PC Pocket (to avoid distractions) and started writing. I only had the first line and the last line. I tried to write in a straight line. My brain refused. I gave up. I divided the page in two parts: his POV and her POV. Then I wrote whatever popped into my mind. Random characters inner thoughts or dialogues. Once I ran out of ideas, I began playing with the lines by moving them around to where I thought it made more sense.

And amanzingly enough I met my goal. I can proudly say that I just emailed my submission to the Wicked Escapes contest. *g*

Comments on "Finally! I met one goal"

 

Blogger Jordan Summers said ... (4:51 PM) : 

Woo hoo!!! Congrats! I'm so glad to hear you've entered the contest. Fingers crossed. :)

 

Blogger Silma said ... (8:42 AM) : 

Thanks Jordan!

 

post a comment