DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Sunday, May 08, 2005

End of a dry spell? Part 2

Since the cable modem isn't working today either, which translates to no internet access, and I hate to surf the web using the iPaq, I sat down to finish reading Star Wars: The Cestus Deception. While I was reading, my mind kept wondering back to yesterday's story. So I closed the book, took out the iPaq and foldable keyboard, and started typing away. No specific order. No complete scenes. I just let my mind wander and have fun. If it was something new, fine. If it was part of something I'd written yesterday, fine too. In total, I wrote 501 words.

Calista and Matt's story is starting to take shape. As I re-read, I think I've got the basic of 2 chapters. In what seems to be the first chapter, it begins with Calista killing a demon. That scene is a killer (no pun intended)! Hm... At times Calista sounds a bit like Lara Croft though. Actually it's more like a snarky Lara Croft. Bad ass attitude, big mouth to back it up. Different backgrounds though. The conflict between Matt and Calista is right there in that first chapter. Usually my hero and heroine don't meet until the 3rd. or 4th. chapter, so this is new to me. I'm pretty excited about this story.

And before you ask, no it's not a summer-themed story. And no, I won't submit it to Phaze's contest. This story is on a different ball game altogether.

Comments on "End of a dry spell? Part 2"

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (11:27 AM) : 

Wow, Silma. I'm so excited for you! So glad your dry spell is drying up (tee hee) and the new stuff is coming at you hard and fast. No pun intended. Maybe.

Here's to your muse continuing to fill your head with great stuff.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (11:43 AM) : 

Thanks Lynn! Oh, and another thing, I'm not stopping to question the Muses. You know, when that little devil of my inner self starts questioning the similarities between this story and another one I've read, I go like, "So what?! Nobody is gonna read it so I'm gonna write it for the fun of it. Now shut up!" You gotta get bitchy your inner self, you know?

 

Blogger Crystal* said ... (2:28 PM) : 

This is sounding GREAT! I think it has great potential.
And yes, squash the little devil if he starts giving you any crap.
Grins*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 PM) : 

Sounds like an exciting beginning! Hope the flow continues...

 

post a comment