DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I'm a workshop slut

I liked so much the last workshop given at RWAonline, that I signed up for the new one - "Dialogue That Works: Less Is More" with great romance writer, Elizabeth Lowell. That one is from March 7 - 11. I already received the email confirming my participation in it. I'm so excited! I know I'm good at dialogues. For me, a good dialogue is the heart of a story, so I'm really looking forward to this workshop.

Also during that time there's the “Ignite The Senses: Creating a Sensory-based Romance” with fellow diva, L.A. Banks, another great romance writer, at Romance Divas. Yikes! Two good workshops at the same time. Okay, I can do this. *repeats mantra* Finally, the workshop with Cynnara Tregarth, “A World Building Girl in the Fantasy World”, will take place on March 28 – 31 also at Romance Divas.

These are the workshops of this month alone. I've already signed up for two workshops at FTHRW - "Plotting for Un-Dummies" with Ann Jones-Rodriguez (in May) and "Psychology of Building Characters" with Laurie Campbell (June).

I never thought I'd take workshops online, and now I can't seem to get enough of them. I've become a workshop slut!

Comments on "I'm a workshop slut"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:19 PM) : 

You can do this. Because I'm hoping to do both too.

 

Blogger Shelley Munro said ... (8:33 PM) : 

Confession - I love online workshops too. They're really good for writers on weird time zones, and the lessons that arrive in your in-box - even better. I've done quite a few of the Kiss of Death workshops since I sometimes write suspense. I also enjoy the Earthly Charms classes. I forgot about the Romance Divas class last month on Inter-species sex. Luckily I found the archives. Shelley

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 PM) : 

Ooh! That was me - the post above. I'm not used to driving blogspot yet!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:38 AM) : 

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Sheri! We can be each other support next week. *g*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Shelley, I had never taken a workshop online until I joined Romance Divas for their workshop with Kayla Perrin. It was so great that I've become addicted to them. *lol*

Sorry to hear you missed the Inter-Species Sex workshop and later chat with the writers. Both were very good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 PM) : 

I've been trying to be a good girl and avoid a great number of workshops in favor of writing (gasp!) until the Romance Divas Inter-species Sex Workshop. How on earth was I supposed to pass that one up? Though I only lurked, it got me hooked. I just wish I could figure out how to balance my cyber life with my non-cyber life! Best of luck with yours!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Eve, what can I say? I wasn't into workshops, but Lynn raved so much about them that I took Layla Perrin's and Sherryl Wood's and now I'm hooked. *g* But I'm learning lots...

 

post a comment