DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Suffering a Sandra Bullock attack

Oh my gosh! I knew it! I had a feeling (way in the darkest corner of my mind) this would (eventually) happen! I've had what I call a (major) Sandra Bullock attack. I didn't know I've suffered one until today. You see, yesterday I finished fleshing out most of chapter 4 and began fleshing out chapters 5 and 6. This afternoon I went on to work on chapter 7. While I was writing it, I didn't think much about what was coming out of my head. Then tonight, after I finished critiquing Mish's story, I sat down to re-read chapters 4 - 6 and see if I needed to add anything else before I sent them to Briana. And it was then that I noticed it. All that gooey, luvvy-duvvy stuff. I almost fell off the chair. Geez... Where the heck all those sweet love scenes came from?! This was suppossed to be a hot erotic romance story! Hellooooo! Instead I have a totally freaking sappy romantic story in the vein of one of Sandra Bullock's romantic movies. (While You Were Sleeping comes to mind.) Aaaaagh!!!! No, no, no. It's all wrong. Why didn't I see it before? 'Coz it sneaks on you, that's why. Drats... drats... drats... *bangs her head against the desk* Now it's too late to re-write all those four chapters.

Comments on "Suffering a Sandra Bullock attack"

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (8:12 PM) : 

LOL! At least you caught it early. Sounds like you've got a gooey luvvy-duvvy story trapped inside just trying to escape.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (9:59 PM) : 

Lynn - Aren't all my stories like that? *sighs* It's like Sandra Bullock keeps doing all those sappy movies, and she just keeps repeating herself. Damn... I'm like her in writing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 PM) : 

Just go with it! Trust your characters. You can always heat it up in the sex department but stll have luvy duvvy the rest of the time! *ggg*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (11:08 PM) : 

Sasha, the thing is that there are no sex scenes. And trying to add heat would disrupt the storyline the way it is. They'll sound forced. *sighs* So I'll have to make some major re-writing on this story, but sadly the next two days I'm swap with other work. So the story is out of the Phaze contest.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 AM) : 

Lol, Silma! May I confess? I love Sandra Bullock movies (well, not all, but While You Were Sleeping I like). Maybe your characters needed luvy duvvy?

 

Blogger Gena Showalter said ... (7:45 AM) : 

You know, I had to rewrite the ending of Pleasure Slave (I kid you not!) like four times. And when I say rewrite, I mean chuck at least a 100 pages and start again wtih a blank page. Each time I knew I'd taken it in the wrong direction. So I feel your pain! Keep us posted on what you do...

 

Blogger Silma said ... (12:25 PM) : 

Olga - Can you believe that they were playing While You Were Sleeping this weekend? Wanna know the worst part? I watched it.

 

Blogger Silma said ... (12:29 PM) : 

Gena - What's it with characters that they never do or behave what we want them to?

 

post a comment