DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Editing and fleshing out...

Yesterday Briana sent me the corrections and suggestions for chapter 1. So this morning I spent two hours working on them. The original chapter had a little over 800 words, but after I fleshed it out, it has 1,123 words. Since I added some more description (something I suck at), I sent it back to her for further corrections.

I've devoted this afternoon to flesh out chapter 2. It's going okay. So far I've written about 450 words. I'm trying to describe his office in old San Juan. I might be getting overboard with it. I don't know. Ugh!

Comments on "Editing and fleshing out..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:47 PM) : 

Good luck with the revisions, Silma!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (10:36 PM) : 

Thanks Suzanne! I just wish there was an easier way to do them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:30 AM) : 

Keep at it , Silma. It sounds liek your doign great!

 

Blogger Crystal* said ... (9:10 AM) : 

As a person who also sucks at descriptions...Rock on!
It's hard to know where to draw the line, huh? Nothing like knowing every square inch and having to describe it.
Grins*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (11:52 AM) : 

Yep. Darn hard. The worst is when to put the darn descriptions. Ugh!

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (12:34 PM) : 

UGH, don't you hate not knowing the exact balance you should use? I usually have a supply of books beside me that I've noticed use the 'voice' and style I like. I refer back to them at various 'questionable' times.

Congrats on the writing tho! Woo hoo!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Kat, I'm more of a dialogue/action writer. So if I say that the heroine is in the kitchen, I don't see why I have to describe every darn corner of it. We all know what a kitchen is so I assume that the reader doesn't need to know if the walls are pink, and the curtains are yellow with pink flowers, etc.

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (3:53 PM) : 

We were seperated at birth, Silma. I am exactly the same way.

Whenever I feel like I'm putting 'too much' in there, I usually pull out a Linda Winstead-Jones and turn the pages until I understand how she's able to bring about a full picture without clogging the page (don't get me wrong. I don't copy what she writes, I just try to figure out the way she does it).

Does that make sense?

 

post a comment