DDD
13,600 / 20,000 (68%)


Samba story
7,926 / 8,000 (99.1%)


S.M. (Book 1)
580 / 10,000 (5.8%)


S.M. (Book 2)
1,010 / 10,000 (10%)


Runes
4,032 / 10,000 (40.5%)


ASPCA Day is April 10

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called hunks. Make your own badge here.

Template by: © 2006  Thur Broeders

Powered by Blogger

Feed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Puerto Rico

Friday, May 20, 2005

Creativity update

Last night I could barely sleep because my dog had another epileptic episode, and he ended up sleeping with me - in my bed. So today I was feeling very sluggish. My brain could barely hold to any thoughts for scarcely a few seconds before they were gone. Yet I managed to type 1,249 words for a total 2,516 words. Woohoo! *does the happy, happy, joy, joy dance* I've got the barebones of 4 chapters, which I hope to polish between tonight and tomorrow afternoon.

Here's the first paragraph of chapter 1.
“I’ve told you already, Mr. Salvador, this beach property is not for sale,” Carolina snapped, her voice high-pitched with annoyance. Without bothering to look at it, she slammed the folder, which she was sure contained the contract and other legal papers, on the small kitchen table and glared at the young man standing before her.
Does it hook you or makes you puke?

Comments on "Creativity update"

 

Blogger Crystal* said ... (11:53 PM) : 

Congratulations on the word count! WOOHOO! It's wonderful!
Grins*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:19 PM) : 

Congratulations on all the progress! Your beginning looks great to me! :)

 

Blogger Katrina Glover said ... (11:41 PM) : 

Sounds great to me, Silma! Very believeable storyline.

((HUGS)) on the puppy. Hope he feels better soon.

 

Blogger Larissa Ione said ... (9:14 AM) : 

Oh, I hope the dog is okay! :( I worry so much about my pets, so I totally understand the sleepless night.

And yay on the word count! :)

 

Blogger Silma said ... (1:58 PM) : 

Thanks Chryscat and Suzanne!

 

Blogger Silma said ... (2:00 PM) : 

My dog is okay, Larissa. He hadn't had another epileptic episode since Thursday. But now all he wants to do is sleeping in my bed. And since I'm not used to it, it keeps me awake all night. I'd not have minded if I didn't have to wake up early to work. *sighs*

 

Blogger Silma said ... (2:02 PM) : 

Kat, my "puppy" is an almost 14 yrs. old Chihuahua. *g*

Thanks for the thumbs up! I'm hoping to pull this story off, even if I don't submit it to the Phaze contest. *vbg*

 

Blogger Night Diva Maria said ... (1:32 AM) : 

Our Chihuahua (when I was little) did the same thing. They are so small, but when they go into seizures seem smaller.
Great news on the word count keep up the good work! I need to get busy too. :-)
hee hee btw, I finally fixed my sidebar! Yay! You're no longer alone. ;-)

 

Blogger Silma said ... (11:11 AM) : 

Oh I noticed that I'm not alone in the sidebar anymore, Maria. *g*

I know you can write the story for BLAZE. And hope Woman's World accepts your story. *vbg*

 

Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said ... (12:35 PM) : 

Looks great to me, Silma!

 

post a comment